Content Harry Potter Trixie Belden Star Trek: TNG My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Reviews

Kaptkym3 posted a comment on Sunday 20th May 2007 4:49am

Really like known pawn status - very refresing. Hopefully HP gets some control over his life..............Keep writing!

hptrump posted a comment on Sunday 20th May 2007 4:43am

This would be more enjoyable if it was Harry & Ginny instead of Harry & Hermoine.

DrT posted a comment on Sunday 20th May 2007 1:39am

I'm surprised Dumbledore gave in so easily, but if you didn't get this started, I can't do more than mention it.

"T"

kainboa posted a comment on Saturday 19th May 2007 11:50pm

great chapter, though at this point it seems that you're trying to make us have compassion for dumbledore, but i can't really seem to find any for him, he may have done what he thought was the right thing, but he has so utterly messed it up that he may have damaged both harry and neville beyond anybodies ability to repair.
I hope that you will update this soon, because i don't want to wait to see what happens next :)

keep up the brilliant work :)

Minerva Granger posted a comment on Saturday 19th May 2007 11:40pm

Which time, dingbat? Removing the binding was the right thing, but binding in the first place? And everything you've done to Harry? Can I smack Dumbledore, please?

morriganscrow posted a comment on Saturday 19th May 2007 8:43pm

Brilliant!
This is going to be a fabulous ride, given how good a writer you are, on top of this start.

cutecess posted a comment on Saturday 19th May 2007 7:52pm

brilliant story! or isn't it yours yet?

Evan Mayerle posted a comment on Saturday 19th May 2007 4:16pm

Yeah, sure you did, Albus, just keep telling yourself that. We all know what road is paved with good intentions; that is - if your intentions ever were really that good.

She does have good development here, Keith. You're certainly getting a good foundation to build on.

Alorkin posted a comment on Saturday 19th May 2007 1:36pm

It's about time those of the order defied the old manipulator. Remus' assessment probably got Dumbledore to think...for a second or so, but than it was back to business as usual.

Snape actually surprised me. I don't care for the character, as he reminds me so much of my own father.

Hermione took a huge chance With Dumbledore's penchant for dueling, he could easily have handled all the kids at once. I think it was only her screaming for help that kept him from doing just that.

This is an except6ionally readable story, and I eagerly await the next chapter. Alorkin

Kinsfire replied:

Actually, it was a brilliant maneouvre on her part. Most of what he would fire is beyond their current level. He'd have to think about what to fire at them. I'll bet they'd do a lot better than you'd expect, simply BECAUSE they aren't firing the usual curses.

Nick5 posted a comment on Saturday 19th May 2007 1:25pm

The Road to hell is paved with good intentions and lined with the bodies of people sacraficed for the greater good...

a line I was going to use for one of my fics, but it seems appropriate here.

Jamey posted a comment on Saturday 19th May 2007 1:11pm

While reading the original on FF, I noticed you moved Harry's age down a year in this version - he's 15, instead of 16. So you are doing a bit more than just copy & pasting the original chapters? You're tweaking for your later chapters?

Kinsfire replied:

Actually, this is straight from the original writer. He turns sixteen shortly into the story.

riegert8 posted a comment on Saturday 19th May 2007 11:53am

I have never read Liz Harrison story, so this is my first time. The funny and sad part is that Dumbledore is pointed out as a good person and fight for the light, we are judge by are action.. Hee want to bind other people magic, he look horrified when it goes wrong. Are we suppost to believe that he never mean't to hurt Harry, Neville or anyone else ? In my option the answer would be no. First of all he kidnapped Harry and tell the parents he is dead and to leave the wizard world, he seem that he wants control over all things. Like I said before I have not read Liz Harrison story, and that might be a good thing.

David Thacker posted a comment on Saturday 19th May 2007 11:51am

I just recalled reading this story I think this chapter is the one I recall of the frist two.

Melferd posted a comment on Saturday 19th May 2007 11:25am

I went to FF.net and read this, and I cannot wait to see where you go with this!!! It started as a great story, and in your hands, I look forward to the next!! Thanks to Liz for starting it, and you for your courage to take it and run!!!

justblaise posted a comment on Saturday 19th May 2007 11:24am

Only two chapters in, and it's already leaps and bounds better than anything else you've ever posted to date. I dig it.

Patches posted a comment on Saturday 19th May 2007 9:21am

Ah, but he didn't do the right thing. He did all the wrong things. Dumbledore messed up big time and the people that trusted him no longer do and for goog reason. I hope things get better now. Harry needs all the help he can get. Thanks for writing. pms

Amamama posted a comment on Saturday 19th May 2007 8:55am

Oh, dear. Now, that's quite AU, as promised - but I love it. Gah, I want to shake Dumbledore so badly - and I wonder, who are the other kids marked by prophecy? Hope this shook him enough for him to change his ways, but I won't count on it. Can this old dog be teached new tricks?

Arthur is wonderful, though. Marvellous way of getting Snape away from Harry.

Donald Deutsch posted a comment on Saturday 19th May 2007 8:47am

I love this story so far. Can't wait to read more of it, and then your own version after chapter 8.

whatareyouevensaying posted a comment on Saturday 19th May 2007 7:14am

I think I can honestly say that this is my favorite chapter of any story you've ever written. The characterizations are far superior to most fanfiction, and are much closer to canon than your usual efforts (the noted absences of "flowery" language and excessive confessions of self-loathing were much appreciated). I particularly enjoyed the conversation between Arthur and Snape, and I think it's one of the most novel solutions I've read in ages.

I hope this story continues like this, since it has the potential to be your best story ever (in my mind, at least), as well as one of the best pieces of fanfiction I've ever read.

egret posted a comment on Saturday 19th May 2007 6:46am

This is excellent - your Dumbledore is manipulative and abusive by accident, thinking he's doing the right thing even as he does more damage than half the Death Eaters. That's much more realistic than the usual manipulative Dumbledore.

I also like that you haven't made anyone into an unquestioning patsy - I love Tonks and Hermione and I hate the stories that make them seem stupid and unthinking slaves to convention. Especially Hermione - yes, she doesn't like risks much, and would prefer to be able to respect authority, but she's never been stupid or thoughtless (except in HPB, and nobody behaved well there) like she is in so many fics.

I always like your stories, but this one is a great start.