Content Harry Potter Trixie Belden Star Trek: TNG My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Reviews

David Najarian posted a comment on Wednesday 28th May 2008 10:21am

Very good story to this point. Cant wait for the rest of the story!!

Deborahsu posted a comment on Wednesday 28th May 2008 9:07am

Oh, my. Mum is going to have to explain and redeem herself real soon, or she's really going to lose her son! And hurray for the Grangers!!!!

I do hope the next update will be sooner ... please?

Anaknisatanas posted a comment on Wednesday 28th May 2008 7:13am

Aunt Petunia, Mark II. Harsh, but I can understand where Harry's coming from. And the confrontation between Director Bones and Harry was well written. Will Umbridge be punished for what she did to Harry and the other students?

justblaise posted a comment on Wednesday 28th May 2008 5:12am

......*sigh*

Ben Russell-Gough posted a comment on Wednesday 28th May 2008 4:59am

I think that Harry is going to have to unbend a little. Okay, Lily is behaving in an unjustified way but a little empathy and a willingness to try to avoid confrontations has already been shown to be worth a thousand angry words. Of course, Harry is damaged goods. Being reasonable is probably something very difficult for him.

It is good to see more of this story. Admittedly, not much is happening at the moment in terms of the overall story, except for the confirmation of what happened to Aemelia Bones. I think that this explanation is entirely credible, given what we know of Umbridge. Oddly enough, I'll bet that Fudge is ignorant of a lot of her actions.

I strongly suspect that the Ministry in its current form is now doomed. Internal decay and external pressures will probably bring it crashing down eventually but when Harry realises exactly what is going on... Well, I think he would be disinclined to leave his friends in Britain at the mercy of such an organisation.

BenRG's Rating: 7/10

Melferd posted a comment on Wednesday 28th May 2008 4:56am

Yikes. I don't see Lily and Harry having snuggle moments anytime soon. And I don't see anything short of full-on Voldiepossession explaining her behavior. Really glad to see more, hope for another update soon.

Evan Mayerle posted a comment on Wednesday 28th May 2008 3:47am

*wince* Ouch, he can sling verbal arrows with the best of them. I did figure that something might have allowed the Grangers to survive, but I wasn't sure of the exact mechanism; as Tonks said, purebloods think muggles are stupid and that's going to continue to trip them up until they realize that lack of information is not evidence of lack of ability to process and use information and that wizarding power isn't everything.

Regarding Lily, I have to suspect that Severus left a delayed-action spell or potion that's affecting her. Something of a last lash-out.

Darkness posted a comment on Tuesday 27th May 2008 9:49pm

Jumped the shark, this story has. it doesn't matter if Lils' behaviour is passed off as being under the influence of a potion, horcrux or some other stupid cliches. And suggesting it is all her 100% means you have just made Lily OOC. Still, I know I'll be tuning in next time to see what the heck's going?

steveh11 posted a comment on Tuesday 27th May 2008 8:03pm

"Author Notes:
Never fear - there IS a reason Lily is acting the way she is..."

Thank GHU for that! I was trying to work out where you were headed!

Teresa Lynne posted a comment on Tuesday 27th May 2008 6:14pm

Yay!!!!!! I kept hoping that Hermione's parents had survived somehow! Bet Snape turns green when he finds out! All his little plot has done is buy him a ticket to Azkaban! ( the creep belonged there anyway!) As for Lily, she may have a reason for her behavior, but whether it's a good one remains to be seen. Anyway, thanks for the chapter!

gadriam posted a comment on Tuesday 27th May 2008 5:16pm

Thanks.
May nasty death with teeth haunt Umbridge, and the whole thing with Bones was brilliant. I also have a feeling that Harry's final line will come back to haunt more than one character here.
It's good to see you updating again.
g

DannyBoy2k posted a comment on Tuesday 27th May 2008 5:16pm

Oooooh. *boing* More of excellent reading! Please, even more? :) I love your works, so I want always more.

Minerva Granger posted a comment on Tuesday 27th May 2008 2:51pm

She has GOT to be under the Imperius. That's the only reason she could possbibly be such a bitch to him. Very nice, and I can't wait for the next chapter. Thanks.

DJ posted a comment on Tuesday 27th May 2008 2:45pm

Not that you are going to answer(feal free to answer if you want to) but is it the same thing that happened to Madam Bones? It is verry nice to see an update from you thanks for writting and see ya next time.

EricThorsen posted a comment on Tuesday 27th May 2008 2:14pm

Sounds to me like Lily is suffering from Jealousy... here she is finally reunited with her baby boy after 15 years and this hussy is trying to take him away from her. While it could be slightly magical, it may not be necessary to make it so. I also like the way Harry and the others are behaving more mature than the Potters. Just goes to show what 10 years of isolation will do to someone. Keep up the good work.

twinheart posted a comment on Tuesday 27th May 2008 2:02pm

Brilliant! So glad you took this over. Great tension and complexity. Looking forward to more.

sasqch posted a comment on Tuesday 27th May 2008 1:47pm

Nice to see an update.
Two main points for me:
First, having the Grangers show up alive was a nice touch. I thought that their reported deaths were too clean and more than a little odd in being completely "off-camera" and in-between chapters. The sappy romantic in me liked the reunion. It was timed just right.

The second thing is Lily's continuing attitude. Her irrational hatred of Hermione and/or Harry's happiness is very perplexing. Especially given her acknowledgment of her behavior when James pointed it out to her. Yet she appears to relapse and has another sniping moment when Harry returned from Hogsmeade. Personally, I'm leaning toward a curse on the potions position, similar to the canon-curse on the DADA job. Even though I don't see how or where. But that's the only thing I can think of.

Oh, and can we please see Umbridge get her comeuppance from Madam Bones? Please?

Chris

morriganscrow posted a comment on Tuesday 27th May 2008 1:21pm

She sure as hell better 'cause right now I want to strangle the stupid bitch!
Excellent chapter! So glad Hermione got her folks back, and in such an amusing fashion. The scene with Amelia was also wonderful...and provocative. The Toad has made a serious enemy.
Harry as an adult is a lovely sight to behold, and I am most keen to read on.
Keep up the fine job.

fallingmonkey3 posted a comment on Tuesday 27th May 2008 12:12pm

Wow. Lily's cold. I'm glad at least that there's a reason for her acting this way... I really like this fic. It's very well written, both Liz's part and yours. Nice job so far Kinsfire! Keep up the good work

Patches posted a comment on Tuesday 27th May 2008 12:02pm

Thank you so much for writing. This is an excellent chapter. I cannot imagine exactly what Lily's problem is but I hope she sees the light before she allienates her son forever. I am so glad that Hermione's parents survived the attack by the Death Eaters. That was really fun the way they met their rescuers. Harry is really being mature and understanding. I look forward to more of this story. pms