Content Harry Potter Trixie Belden Star Trek: TNG My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Reviews

Alorkin posted a comment on Saturday 19th May 2007 3:37am

An excellent fic, if a bit darker than you normally write.

Dumbledore seeing Lily and James performing the protection ritual is a new twist as is his telling them to leave the wizarding world(although I read a similar passage in a story, some time ago. His manipulations are par for this course. The missing bit of the prophesy is also a nice twist.

The casual cruelty the Dursleys, especially Vernon show Harry makes me wonder: Is it entirely their own, or is it somehow, 'artificially influenced'?

Harry seems to be at he point of blowing up his family...and not like he did with Marge.
I await the next page of 'wishful Thinking'.
Alorkin

Minerva Granger posted a comment on Friday 18th May 2007 11:11pm

Dumbleddore, you are a manipulative bastard, and I hate you.

Well, this version of you, anyway.

xpotter posted a comment on Friday 18th May 2007 8:21pm

anxiously waiting for the next chappie...

Patches posted a comment on Friday 18th May 2007 8:07pm

Dumbledore was a horrible man. I can't believe he sent Harry's parents away thinking he was dead and then sending Harry to the hell hole known as the Durseley's. Dumbledore couldn't have been worse if he had done the abuse himself.
Thanks for writing. I look forward to more. pms

cutecess posted a comment on Friday 18th May 2007 7:07pm

Is that just the first chapter then? or all eight? i'm slightly confused on that point......

Wolfric posted a comment on Friday 18th May 2007 5:37pm

I'm interested to see where this goes. Obviously Dumbledore is a bad guy and Harry is abused; iguess I will see what comes of that. Thanks, W.

Vicki posted a comment on Friday 18th May 2007 4:54pm

While I'm sorry to see Liz won't be back for a while, I'm delighted this story is continuing, and that she left it in such good hands. I look forward to chapter 9!

StarrySkies posted a comment on Friday 18th May 2007 4:12pm

wow. i know you said that what you were writing begins at chapter 8, but that was amazing...

Evan Mayerle posted a comment on Friday 18th May 2007 3:40pm

Definitely an interesting start to the story and it's not one I can remember catching originally. I'll be interested in watching how this one goes since it appears to be a case of a very manipulative Dumbledore doing whatever he needed to get Harry under his control. IMHO, this is a BAD MOVE (tm) in that he can't control everything and his actions will not be appreciated when the inevitable "Oh, Shit!" occurs and the lies and facades come tumblng down.

Robert Cook posted a comment on Friday 18th May 2007 3:38pm

Keith, very glad that you are taking up the gauntlet on this story, though I am sad that Liz decided to disappear for a while. Like you, I refuse to speculate on what has befallen her, and hope things work out for the best.
Now, on to the story. She and I had corresponded briefly about what I thought was a continuity error in the tale. It had to do with the episode where Dobby sent Snape back to the castle, and then somehow he was over the Quidditch pitch, IIRC. However, when Lily and James went to Hogwarts, Lily found Snape down in the Potion classroom. There seemed, at least to me, to be something off about the timeline. You might take a look at that, or I may be completely off base.
In any case, looking forward to the continuation.

Milygo posted a comment on Friday 18th May 2007 3:24pm

I can't wait to read more of this. The first chapter has me hooked!

James Barber posted a comment on Friday 18th May 2007 1:54pm

Hey why are you writing somebody else story. this is word for word from the goldenseraphin or something like that over on fanfiction(dot)net!?!

Great story and I beleive that author gave it up but either started it again or I beleive he gave it to someone else awhile back and they worked on it for awhile too, but then abandoned it also. So are you taking it up now or are you the original author?

Kinsfire replied:

As I stated in the description for the story, I was given specific permission by TheGoldenSeraphim, also known as Liz Harrison. (Her name is fairly common knowledge if you're a member of her group.)

She does not believe that she is in the mental space at the moment to do the story justice, and it's one of my favourites of hers, so she told me what she was contemplating, and gave me the go ahead to work with it.

It really is with the permission of the original author. *grin*

morriganscrow posted a comment on Friday 18th May 2007 12:48pm

What a terrific start!
Clearly this is an Evil!Dumbles story, which I love, and it promises to be a doozy. I look forward to the rest of the original eight chapters, and then to see you pick up and run with it.

atlantis-rob posted a comment on Friday 18th May 2007 12:12pm

Hmmm I have a few guesses as to where you might take this but I never the less can't wait to see where! I think I did read this beginning sometime in the past but who knows? Cheers!

Dave McCombs posted a comment on Friday 18th May 2007 11:53am

Another project, cuz? Well, I hope you don't let this interfere with <i>Ties of Blood</i> too much...

I tracked down the original story over on FF.net. Methinks you have a challenge commensurate to your abilities here. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with it.

Musings of Apathy posted a comment on Friday 18th May 2007 11:35am

Fantastic start. This is looking to be an interresting story, if I am reading the situation right. Will Harry have any use for parents by the time he knows that he has them?

Thanks for writing.

Mike (MoA)

CoyoteScion posted a comment on Friday 18th May 2007 11:27am

interesting start.

paradise31 posted a comment on Friday 18th May 2007 11:24am

I love this story. you're going to continue it, right? I can't wait to read what happens next. Is Dumbledore going to be manipulative in this? Are Lily and James going to have more children? I hope Harry accepts his parents easily.

Charles Slone posted a comment on Friday 18th May 2007 11:12am

can't wait to see more of this one Keith

Dessa Jade Colemann posted a comment on Friday 18th May 2007 10:08am

Cool, can't wait for the rest.