Content Harry Potter Trixie Belden Star Trek: TNG My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Reviews

James Barber posted a comment on Wednesday 2nd August 2006 10:49am

Interesting story, I just hope you dont take a year to udpate again!

sempracaveas03 posted a comment on Wednesday 2nd August 2006 9:29am

H/Hr should be more than friends, yes?! At least I think so! (waggles eyebrows).

Tanydwr posted a comment on Wednesday 2nd August 2006 8:20am

Good story.
One point, in Britain, we no longer have the death penalty. We do on treason, but it's not enforced and there are one or two anachronisms in various laws (for instance, you can still shoot a Welshman with a bow an arrow after midnight and before dawn within the walls of Chester, and technically you can be put to death for spitting on Westminster bridge - or possibly Tower Brigde - one or the other, because it is taken as a sign of patriotism. Luckily, neither are in force anymore, or I would be most nervous about going to Chester, despite being a Welsh *woman* and the claims of some that I am a Russian spy).
Anyway.
I love your subversion of the traditional 'Harry-in-Azkaban-and-abandoned-by-all-his-friends' fic. Often they can be quite unrealistic, if amusing and interesting. This is more realistic, especially considering Vernon's probable psychoses (I refuse to believe he only has one), not to mention Dudley's juvenile delinquency - I prefer to believe he got it from the Dursley side, particularly considering Marge's verbal and near physical abuse of Harry in the past (refusing to call your dog off a small boy is *definitely* abuse). Scrimgeour getting Harry out of the way and painting him as having abandoned the wizarding world is a clever way of him boosting his popularity - he is the only person to appear to do anything against Voldemort, particularly with Dumbledore dead. Speaking of, what role has Snape in this? Do you see him as a traitor or following Dumbledore's commands?
Harry's reaction to his friends will be interesting, particularly as they had proven themselves totally loyal at the end of HBP. His beliefs - fuelled by a cruel Scrimgeour - will be hard for him to overcome and for him to accept them again. They will also be confused by his conduct.
Keep up the excellent work and update this soon!

MrRobertsIII posted a comment on Wednesday 2nd August 2006 7:40am

Neat story. I always have a soft spot for VeryAngry!Harry.

Looking forward to hearing how the war went without Harry for a year. All the Weasleys still breathing and whole?

HermioneGreen posted a comment on Wednesday 2nd August 2006 7:37am

A most wonderful chapter. One has to wonder what is going on with Scrimgeor however . . . I look forward to more as it comes.

'Mione

Particle_Accelerator posted a comment on Wednesday 2nd August 2006 5:08am

Interesting chapter Kinsfire. Hope to see Harry redirect his anger into his magic. Really want to see an uber-powerful and VENGEFUL Harry. If you decide to hook him up with the ladies, do you think you could manage to keep Ginny away from him. She seriously drives me nuts. As always, I prefer H/Hr, but H/Luna or even, dare I say it, H/Hr/L could be hot. Here's to hoping that we see more - of this, and Discovery and Like a Pheonix.

PA

PS: has anyone ever told you that you may, and I stress, MAY have too many pots on the fryer? And I mean that in a good way. Cheers!

Meteoricshipyards posted a comment on Wednesday 2nd August 2006 3:23am

BTW, I was looking over the reviews and saw some people suggesting shipping. If you're taking suggestions, then I always hope for Harry/Luna.

Tom A.

Meteoricshipyards posted a comment on Wednesday 2nd August 2006 3:19am

This is good. Different from your other writing; at least at this point. The rebuilding of trust should be interesting, and removing the horcrux hunt makes this unique in HBP compliant writings I've read.

Looking forward to more. Thanks for writing. Update soon.

Tom A.

dogbertcarroll posted a comment on Wednesday 2nd August 2006 1:37am

Nice work. I've been looking forward to this.

Wouldn't Voldy make more Horcruxs if he discovered someone was destroying them?
He only needs one to keep himself around.
I imagine that he loses some of his humanity,
but its not like he had much to begin with.

red jacobson1 posted a comment on Tuesday 1st August 2006 11:53pm

I'm glad you posted the last couple of chapters of this story, Kins; because, honestly; after reading the first chapter when you posted it; I wasn't sure if it was a story I'd enjoy reading. The initial tone was so bleak that it raised warning bells.

However, now that I've read what you've posted so far; I think the story should prove to be rather interesting; and I'll keep my eyes open for updates.

Now; how about It Started One Summer? *GRIN*

red

Adam posted a comment on Tuesday 1st August 2006 4:48pm

Had to go back and reread the first chapter of this lol. good chapter though, shacks reaction to Harry letting rip at him was fun though. shouting at Shack did do some good though, once he was calmed down, he at least started thinking that things MIGHT not be as they appear.

Fate posted a comment on Tuesday 1st August 2006 4:08pm

Lovely!!
Can't wait for more!!

scott2 posted a comment on Tuesday 1st August 2006 4:04pm

not as angsty but still your style, very enjoyable and hope for more soon :)

MaryJane6707 posted a comment on Tuesday 1st August 2006 3:43pm

This, so far, has been a very interesting story and I can't wait to read more. Great job.

Alex00 posted a comment on Tuesday 1st August 2006 3:36pm

Great chapter.

Renzo7 posted a comment on Tuesday 1st August 2006 3:06pm

pretty cool, keep it up and please update summer and forever yours as soon as you can, they're great and have been forgotten by you lately...

Manatheron posted a comment on Tuesday 1st August 2006 2:47pm

Interesting chapter, Scumgroper must be pretty good at Psych if he managed to convince harry that his friends abadon him in only a years time, expecally with only the occasional visit. I think Shaklebolt would be a tad bit more careful as to how much he believes anyone, regardless. Blind Belief in harry's story is a tad weak minded, as would be following the minister blindly. In fact the fact that he was instantly so adamantly on harry's side causes me be believe that the farce trial may have acutally occured... Hmm.

Anyway, keep up the good work!

Nightwing510 posted a comment on Tuesday 1st August 2006 2:39pm

I enjoyed reading your story. I liked how you have Harry fight his anger. After he found out the truth. I hope if you decide to pair Harry up with someone it will be with Ginny. Please update soon.

Sandra Smith posted a comment on Tuesday 1st August 2006 1:52pm

this has the potential to be a very good story. please keep updating

n4zhg posted a comment on Tuesday 1st August 2006 1:30pm

Ask, and ye shall receive, huh?

This is not your father's Azkaban!Harry, and so far I like it.