Content Harry Potter Trixie Belden Star Trek: TNG My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Reviews

thumper posted a comment on Saturday 12th May 2007 4:34pm

Great chapter

Ken Warner posted a comment on Saturday 12th May 2007 2:57pm

thanks to you and to Aaran for a wonderful chapter - you have taken characters that in canon are completely without virtue and made them heros, and convince us in a apparently effortless manner to believe in and cheer for them - The fictional character most like your Harry that I can think of is Micheal Valentine Smith, kind, gentle, loving, and ready to send back to the foot of the line those who have utterly failed this version of the great test of life - How will you use your agency??

thanks and warmest regards

morriganscrow posted a comment on Saturday 12th May 2007 2:50pm

Lovely! Brilliant! Wonderful!
So glad to see this update, as this was a story that had lingered in my mind, well ahead of the pack of others that I read.
I look forward to the epilogue.

NateGold posted a comment on Saturday 12th May 2007 2:33pm

Interesting read. By the way, congrats on being mentioned in the Thursday Star Ledger article..wish I could get to Borders to listen to you, but it's not to be. Keep on trucking!

csktech posted a comment on Saturday 12th May 2007 2:24pm

Wow perfect timing. I just finished the last of the stories on the Kinsfire site and came back to check to see if Addams Famiy Values had been updated.

Kyle

Evan Mayerle posted a comment on Saturday 12th May 2007 1:54pm

Good description of an intense fire fight, it was easy to visualize and follow. 'Twould seem Tom was a touch overconfident, never figuring that others would prepare properly, too. I think Harry's going to be listened to more than he expects; what he pulled off does leave him with a certain cachet.

Shawn Pickett posted a comment on Saturday 12th May 2007 1:30pm

Outstanding chapter, I've really enjoyed this story, thank you.

Gardengirl posted a comment on Saturday 12th May 2007 1:15pm

Huzzah! I love a good fight with someone's head torn off. And well DONE, Draco! Thanks, Kinsfire :D

DJ posted a comment on Saturday 12th May 2007 11:55am

Verry well done to all. This is one of your best fics thanks for sharing.

Musings of Apathy posted a comment on Saturday 12th May 2007 11:27am

Fantastic chapter. Makes me wonder what they did in that half hour plus they had before Riddle and the DE's struck. Did they accomplish anything or were they too tense?

I have a feeling that Draco will be his own brother or sister's Godfather, as he seems to have earned the title.

Thank you for writing.

Mike (MoA)

Tim Henderson posted a comment on Saturday 12th May 2007 10:49am

How did Narcissa manage to be carried the same way Harry was and not toss her cookies?

Debbie Hollander posted a comment on Tuesday 10th April 2007 10:00am

Please update soon . Please don't kill Harry or one of his wives or unborn child.

Christopher Estep posted a comment on Monday 26th March 2007 4:45am

The Weasleys are the intended targets of Draco's *prank* (which I forecast in a review in an earlier chapter), because of the long and VERY bitter feud between the Weasleys and Malfoys (remember way back in Ginny's first year, Arthur and Lucius got into a brawl in Diagon Alley). With Lucius in the pokey, Draco took it upon himself to end the feud (and get in a dig at Lucius at the same time). Think; there are Marked students in the castle! How galling do YOU think it would be for Lucius to find out that his own flesh and blood son (namely Draco) is looking up to Harry Potter (who is younger than he is) as a father-figure? Losing his wife (and his money) to Harry is painful enough; losing his SON will be extra galling. Lucius will almost certainly do a Vernon Dursley over this news; that also means that he won't be thinking clearly. That will (naturally) make him a major liability to Riddle. While Riddle could use him as a kamikaze, I think it more likely that Riddle will AK Lucius for failing too many times.

Christopher Estep posted a comment on Monday 26th March 2007 4:27am

The prank I forecast did indeed happen, which give both Ginny and Ron a clue (not to mention the rest of the Gryffindors). Narcissa and Hermione are poisoned, but the poison is discovered and treated, so both recover. The poisoner happens to be Draco's ex, Pansy, who tries (and fails) to escape a rather pissed Harry (and Draco) who do the apprehension. Pansy's attempts at threatening Harry, naturally, fail miserably (which both Harry *and* Draco explain why in excruciating detail to the Marked carriage-chaser). The scans of Pansy's Mark bear fruit; another six Marked students are found (and are hit with tracking spells), and I would think that MLE is following suit at the Ministry Building. I wait in anticipation for the Wizengamot meeting.

ShadowNixxie posted a comment on Saturday 17th March 2007 3:19pm

I haven't read this story yet, but I thought this would be the best place to tell you about an error on your page becuase this was the most recent update...

Your story,

A Time to Reflect

is,'t showing up... I click on the title and it takes me to where the chapters would be listed, but it doesn't list anything... I don't know if this is just on my computer, or if it's a bug on the site, but I'd really like to read that story...

Thanks for listening to me, and I'm sorry this isn't a real review!

Always keep a sharp quill and a full pot of ink nearby; you never know when inspiration will strike!

Nixxie

DJ Rodriguez posted a comment on Saturday 17th March 2007 1:16pm

Ah, some minor trouble resolved but I get the feeling that the problems have only just begun. Harry, you and your wives need to be on guard now! Draco, you and the others need to be on your toes too.

This was kick ass! Keep it up!

sasqch posted a comment on Wednesday 14th March 2007 2:09am

I am glad to see this story have an update; not only that but apparently we are nearing the conclusion.

That being said, I unfortunately have to say that I really didn’t enjoy this chapter. It seemed to be simply filler.

First we are given the scene in the Great Hall dealing with the continuing redemption of the evil little shit that is Draco Malfoy. Okay, so fine, you’re pulling a Rowling and undoing five books worth of conceited, bigoted, and plain out evil Draco and introducing a misunderstood and a deep thinking yet confused young man. Whatever. We were already given this in the last chapter, including the asking for an increase in the allowance joke. I understand that the story is being told from Narcissa’s point of view, but hell, she was completely blasé about Draco’s injury in Chapter 4 (when again he insulted Harry and his family), so why would this repeated interaction be that important. Granted, I am biased against any scene or story that counters the established evil that is Draco.

The only other reason for this scene that I can see was for the Weasleys to get screen-time. But again, it didn’t seem necessary. We know that, eventually, Ron would be swayed to Harry and Hermione’s point of view on Draco, especially if the change was gradual, lasting and sincere. Having Ron simply accept Draco at face value seemed to be a little too neat and quick. Also, I found it a bit off that Ginny would insert herself into the scene as she did. I don’t recall her being that forward in the first five books. Again, I will admit to a bias against her character. But I found it wrong that she would be the one to greet and accept Draco before anybody else. It seemed to say that she was closer to Harry and Hermione than any other person at the table, which I flat out simply refuse to accept. And having Ron acknowledge Draco’s personality replacement only after Ginny did reduces Ron’s act to nothing.

The other main scene was the poisoning of Hermione and Narcissa. This seemed to be very off and odd. Why would Pansy poison these two? If she was acting under the orders of Voldemort, shouldn’t she have at least tried to poison Harry too? Hell, even if she was doing it on her own accord, she wouldn’t have just targeted those two. And apparently the poison used was not too obscure or too deadly; so that really brings the scene down as being interesting. I can understand that you may be creating a bit of foreshadowing with Narcissa scanning the Dark Mark, but the scene still seemed to be merely filler. However, I was wondering if you were planning on having the poison somehow interact with Hermione’s contraceptive measures. Beyond that, I have no idea why the scene happened. It couldn’t have been to show that the bigoted pure-bloods dislike Muggleborn and/or traitors, since that is more than obvious.

Even though I found this chapter to be mostly empty of new plot or character advancement, as I started with, I am still enjoying this story and am looking forward to the ending.

Chris

Steve Stephan posted a comment on Tuesday 13th March 2007 12:55pm

I read the whole thing one shot. I look forward to your next chapter. I'm curious as to your plans for the crazy sister and whom you'll be naming as the Hogwart's death eaters.

Steve Stephan - Geovanni Luciano

GuardianOfLight posted a comment on Tuesday 13th March 2007 9:55am

Wonderful chapter, please please PLEASE update soon.

GuardianOfLight

texasranger_10 posted a comment on Monday 12th March 2007 10:43am

oh this is getting good.. ha ha ha. i love the way you write. i have yet to find any story you write to be bad. it's impossible. keep it up.