Content Harry Potter Trixie Belden Star Trek: TNG My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
  • Previous
  • Next

The stories in this grouping have been abandoned by me, and will not be worked on again.

Author Notes:

If you've come here by getting an email and clicking the link, be aware that this story will contain Harry/Lily at the very least.

If that bothers you, leave now.

The small group approached Godric's Hollow with a sombre mood surrounding them. It was Harry Potter's first time back to the house since he was fifteen months old. Albus Dumbledore headed the small parade, joined by Hermione Granger, Ron and Ginny Weasley, Tonks, and Remus Lupin, all guarding Harry. His three fellow students were there at his request.

They approached the remains of the house, which was in surprisingly good order, as far as they could tell. If not for being told that the house had burned, Harry would have assumed that there was no one at home in a perfectly well kept home. "I'd like to look back here at the house when we're done at the family crypt," Harry said softly, and both Hermione and Ginny moved closer to offer him some emotional support. He surprised everyone by putting an arm around both their waists. "Thanks, ladies. It means a lot." They simply smiled at him.

The walk continued around the building until they came to a large field, immaculately tended. "Either there are some really good charms on the lawn here, or someone is taking care of this property," Harry said.

"I find it intriguing as well," Dumbledore said. "We shall definitely see what is happening here as soon as possible."

There was a cast iron fence a distance away, with weeping willows and other trees seemingly guarding the entrance. They approached and felt a strong sense of foreboding. Warily, Harry approached the gate, his wand now out. As he passed between the trees, a sense of being Legilimensed by a distinctly non-human (and likely non-living, as he thought about it) presence hit him, and the feeling of foreboding suddenly evaporated, the cemetery contained within seeming to brighten. He opened the gate silently, drawing another raised eyebrow from various members of the group. He headed for the first mausoleum that he saw, and was surprised by the inscription above it.

GRYFFINDOR.

"Did I not tell you that only a true Gryffindor could have pulled that sword from the Sorting Hat?" Dumbledore said with a smile. "I did not tell you as a youth for fear that you might well develop the attitudes that Severus accuses you of."

"That's a conversation we'll have some day, sir," Harry said darkly. "What you've just said tells me that you know of the abuse that he heaps upon the Gryffindor students, which means that you condone it. But that's for later."

He opened the door and was intrigued to note that the interior lit immediately. There were several biers before him, with one quite obviously the centrepiece, as it were. A gleaming brass plaque declared that the occupant was Godric Gryffindor. The obviously dead man's hair was silvery-white, and he reminded Harry very much of the Headmaster. He looked to the man.

"The resemblance is due more to age rather than blood, I believe," Albus Dumbledore said with a slight smile. "I could probably trace some connection, but yours is far more direct."

Harry reached out carefully to touch the man's body, and felt the velvet as if it were new. "I guess you're sort of my ultimate grandfather, if you will," he said. "I hope I'm doing you proud."

"I'm sure you are," Hermione said. "Those are remarkable preservative charms, sir," she said to the Headmaster.

"Some of the best in existence. These crypts actually have them built into them. Placing a body in them stops the processes of time. I believe that these crypts are the reason that the Time Turner was developed. The inventor was attempting to develop a portable version, and accidentally found out how to ... well, rewind time, as it were."

Harry chuckled as he thought about such a powerful item being invented by accident, but at least now he understood why the bodies were not in coffins. As he pulled his hand away from Godric's chest, he found his hand actually pulled to the necklace that the man wore. As soon as he touched it, the chain unfastened. Harry picked up the heavy brooch and looked at it. He recognised it easily — it was the symbol for his House at Hogwarts.

"I think that more than anything else proves that you are a Gryffindor. You have just been given the crest that designates you as head of the Gryffindor line."

"Shouldn't that be a ring or something?" he asked. As soon as he asked, it grew warm in his hand, and suddenly was a ring. "Ah," was all that he said for a minute or so. "Which is preferable? Brooch or ring?" It waited for several seconds, as if thinking, and then grew warm again and reformed into the necklace. He clasped it around his neck and slid it under his shirt.

He visited some of the others in the crypt, working to remember names, not noticing the scratching of Hermione's quill as she wrote down the important information that Harry seemed to want to remember.

Finally, he finished with the first mausoleum and headed back outside, looking specifically for the one marked 'Potter', which took him some time. He swore to visit them all at some point. Finally, he stepped inside the crypt marked with the Potter name carved into it and looked about. In an alcove to his right, three quarters of the way toward the back of the building were his parents. All the others on that side were empty, awaiting family. He was by their sides immediately, not even aware that he'd run the distance.

As he looked down into his father's dead face, he realised why everyone said that the two of them were so alike. It was almost eerie to see yourself lying dead on a palette. He actually brushed the hair away from his father's forehead as if to check for the scar. "Scary, isn't it? I'd almost think it was me, if I wasn't looking at him."

He got no answer, and turned to see Hermione, Ron and Ginny looking at James Potter. There were tears in their eyes, but he watched as they obviously resolved something, almost simultaneously. They looked at each other, meeting each others eyes, and then nodded, without a word ever spoken. Harry could tell that something significant had just happened.

Hermione and Ginny walked over to Harry, and Ginny said, "That will not be you, Harry. You won't be on one of these until you have a beard as long as your ancestor's, the one whose brooch you wear."

"Too right," Ron said. "He Who ... oh hell, V- V- Voldemort!" he exclaimed, then nodded proudly to himself. "V-Voldemort will have to go through me to get to you, Harry. I swear it. I let you down once, it won't happen again."

"Then stay alive for me, Ron. How do you think I'd feel if I knew that you died to keep me alive?"

"How do you think I'd feel if you died because I didn't do something I could have to keep you alive? We're at war, Harry, and people die in wars. I'm not gonna throw myself off a building at the slightest thing, but I will throw myself in front of a Killing Curse for you." He laughed wryly. "I've got some things to do first, so I think I'll just ... what's that Muggle phrase ... take a rain check on throwing myself in front of any big curses." He grinned widely. "Besides, I've got grandchildren to spoil. Which means I have to get married first."

Harry laughed. "I needed that. Thanks, chum." They did a manly slapping of backs as they hugged quickly.

Harry's demeanour changed as he turned back to the biers containing his parents. "Mum, Dad, I wish you could be here to meet these people. I mean, I know that you know the Headmaster and Remus, but Tonks and Hermione and the Weasleys? You'd love 'em, I bet. They're some of the best friends that anyone could ever ask for. Then again, you knew that about Remus, didn't you?"

He looked at his mother's body. "Gods, Mum, you are so beautiful. And you look as if you could just sit up at any moment." He reached out and brushed his hand across her cheek.

He staggered as he felt something rush out of him. A loud gasp, drew his attention to the bier, and as he looked at his mother's body, he realised that she had been the one to gasp, as she sat up and looked at him. "Harry?" she asked.

  • Previous
  • Next

Author Notes:

What happens now? Is it really Lily Evans Potter?