Content Harry Potter Trixie Belden Star Trek: TNG My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Reviews

Stick97 posted a comment on Tuesday 10th January 2012 3:03am

Nice little start here.

I always like seeing how one tiny change can drastically change things. I love the way you are handling Hermione, Ginny, Harry, and Ron especially.

Wow! Teenagers who grow up! Shocking.
Can't wait to see how Sue Bones reacts to her aunts actions. Hate to see the new Horny Trio separated, but can't wait to see how you handle it.

Katsuhito posted a comment on Sunday 8th January 2012 7:54pm

nice beginning. need more. :)

Hmm.. if Harry is going to go to school in the US via Antigua (or wherever), does that mean he's going to a wizarding school, or a mundane one? IOW, is his 'banishment' recognized by all wizarding nations, or just the UK/GB?

maddsloth posted a comment on Saturday 7th January 2012 6:37pm

nice chapter, looking forward to the next.

Clell65619 posted a comment on Saturday 7th January 2012 5:39pm

- Ok, a very interesting start. Looking forward to the next chapter.

Michael10 posted a comment on Saturday 7th January 2012 3:29pm

Finally!
Thank you for the new story and hopefully you'll work on some of your other awesome works.
as always keep up the good work

Mike

Lee Dickie posted a comment on Saturday 7th January 2012 8:17am

Great story, thanks.

rey_naldo posted a comment on Friday 6th January 2012 7:41pm

i like very much your work, but is a little strange that a teenager, accept that the life he knew is over and has an uncertain future, beyond that i can ´t wait for the next chapter

mwinter posted a comment on Friday 6th January 2012 6:08pm

Nice beginning of a story.

Chi Vayne posted a comment on Friday 6th January 2012 5:34pm

I liked it, and am eagerly awaiting the shoe to drop. I like that you didn't go the route of 'everybody betrays Harry', but only those who were really after him. Also, the not-so-helpful goblins, which is much more in line with how I would expect them to act.

Charles Newton posted a comment on Friday 6th January 2012 4:58pm

Beautiful! Hermione is /finally/ seen by Harry as something besides his true best friend, Ginny is getting some character installation, Ron isn'e a git - biggest surprise, TBH - and now I have to wait for more...

So Excellent with Oh, Poo... And speaking of which, where's Luna in all this?

Anyway, liked the way this starts and Harry's long term plans; was wondering if he had trouble getting away for the Gringotts meeting, or did he skip out during the 1900 meeting? That would be most sensible, so I probably slid over the explanation as I read... giggling like a mad hyena... Also like Mr. Major' reaction to it all. Amelia's not doing well in this at all; almost feel sorry for her, so I netter re read this to ascertain her culpability.. Yeah , that's the ticket!!

Kathleen posted a comment on Friday 6th January 2012 4:46pm

I love it!! Keep writing!!!!

jua-chan posted a comment on Friday 6th January 2012 4:05pm

This is a very promissing start. I actually can't remember reading a wand snapping story before so I'm looking forward to this story.

k13cat posted a comment on Friday 6th January 2012 2:59pm

Some very interesting repercussions from this twist in events. It seems though that if Harry is smart enough to immediately go to the Muggle Liaison Office, he's smart enough to make his immediate next stop be Gringotts. After all, if they'll burn his wand it is only logical they'll try to confiscate his vault/vaults. I understand wanting the "revenge" plot point but on the other hand your smart Harry looks daft not to protect all his interests immediately.

Overall, the chapter feels very rushed as soon as Harry returns to #13. One would expect an in-depth conversation scene between Sirius & Harry with plenty of plotting. Sirius still has access to his vaults & properties, and other than a few references to portkeys he obtained there's nothing. It just strikes a strange note & it feels like there are whole sections missing. I would love to see the emotional effect of what is happening to Harry, beyond anger, & his relationship with Sirius--how did Sirius help him escape the Bird Club to see Major? Where's Remus in all this. The stuff with the girls in the hallway sadly seems forced & unnatural. Harry finally getting a clue about girls is fine, experimenting is fine, it just seems out of place at that point in the narrative causing a sudden clash between unfolding plot and teen-sex-revelations.

Harry baiting Snape by referring to himself as Lily Evans' son, the son of a mudblood, is stellar. I know I've not seen that before.

Fozzie Bear posted a comment on Friday 6th January 2012 2:47pm

PS: Oh, and be sure to include some hair-pulling or mean-spiritedness towards Susan Bones by people wanting to punish her for her Aunt's actions. I'm thinking the Creevy brothers here, or maybe even Hermione and Ginny here until they come to their senses. That's how teenagers react to stuff like this--with blame.

Fozzie Bear posted a comment on Friday 6th January 2012 2:43pm

Nice to see you posting again.

Makes me wonder how it is you are capable of posting when others who will remain nameless claim technical difficulties make posting on this site impossible. I suspect there is more to the situation than they are willing to allow.

This looks to be an interesting take on a common starting point for Independent Harry Potter stories. Hopefully you can skim over the American education bit or shift either forward to the future in a time skip or send Harry here rapidly on to somewhere else more European. One of the other colonies of the British Empire perhaps? I've always enjoyed seeing a good revived British Empire take on things...

--Fozzie Bear

Evan Mayerle posted a comment on Friday 6th January 2012 1:20pm

Well, I rather suspect there're going to be lots of interesting repurcussions from this, not the least that Harry's off on his own without anyone on the three conflicting sides knowing where he is and likely quite unable to find him by non-magical means. If he manages to get overseas, I doubt they'll have much success with magical means, either. If events proceed similar to in canon, life for those who dispatched him, including DUmbledore, is going to get very interesting. Those who robbed him will definitely regret it.

It should be rather interesting to see how Harry fares in a society that's not as repressive as wizarding Britain (I can see certain governments with an axe to grind against wizarding Britain being quite willing to restore his wand rights and allow him to practice magic within their territory).

For that matter, a teenage boy off on his own could have all sorts of "interesting" experiences as he explores what the world can offer him. Too, I expect Ginny and Hermione to hunt him down as soon as they are able to after *that* goodbye.

dennisud posted a comment on Friday 6th January 2012 11:56am

Great start! I hope this one will be one using logic to stifle the magicals! Oh and a suggestion, make this a small harem, maybe adding Luna and Susan! A much more manageable group!

Dennisud

lmill123 posted a comment on Friday 6th January 2012 11:45am

This is a great start to your story and I am looking forward to your next update. I am looking forward to Harry's revenge. The list includes Fudge, Umbridge, Percy, Madam Bones and the Goblins. Please he has to do something to Dumbledore and the Dursey's.

Meteoricshipyards posted a comment on Friday 6th January 2012 11:20am

Very enjoyable. Looking forward to finding Harry's plan. Obviously, a good one if he expects to avoid Death Eaters, the Order, and the Ministry.

Thanks for the story.

Tom A.

Crys posted a comment on Friday 6th January 2012 10:54am

really, the only thing you really had to change was Amelia's outlook on getting to the reason for his actions. Talk about a cascade effect.

Looking forward to more.