Content Harry Potter Trixie Belden Star Trek: TNG My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Reviews

David Thacker posted a comment on Saturday 19th May 2007 11:51am for The Man Who Never Learns

I just recalled reading this story I think this chapter is the one I recall of the frist two.

Melferd posted a comment on Saturday 19th May 2007 11:25am for The Man Who Never Learns

I went to FF.net and read this, and I cannot wait to see where you go with this!!! It started as a great story, and in your hands, I look forward to the next!! Thanks to Liz for starting it, and you for your courage to take it and run!!!

justblaise posted a comment on Saturday 19th May 2007 11:24am for The Man Who Never Learns

Only two chapters in, and it's already leaps and bounds better than anything else you've ever posted to date. I dig it.

Patches posted a comment on Saturday 19th May 2007 9:21am for The Man Who Never Learns

Ah, but he didn't do the right thing. He did all the wrong things. Dumbledore messed up big time and the people that trusted him no longer do and for goog reason. I hope things get better now. Harry needs all the help he can get. Thanks for writing. pms

Amamama posted a comment on Saturday 19th May 2007 8:55am for The Man Who Never Learns

Oh, dear. Now, that's quite AU, as promised - but I love it. Gah, I want to shake Dumbledore so badly - and I wonder, who are the other kids marked by prophecy? Hope this shook him enough for him to change his ways, but I won't count on it. Can this old dog be teached new tricks?

Arthur is wonderful, though. Marvellous way of getting Snape away from Harry.

Donald Deutsch posted a comment on Saturday 19th May 2007 8:47am for The Man Who Never Learns

I love this story so far. Can't wait to read more of it, and then your own version after chapter 8.

whatareyouevensaying posted a comment on Saturday 19th May 2007 7:14am for The Man Who Never Learns

I think I can honestly say that this is my favorite chapter of any story you've ever written. The characterizations are far superior to most fanfiction, and are much closer to canon than your usual efforts (the noted absences of "flowery" language and excessive confessions of self-loathing were much appreciated). I particularly enjoyed the conversation between Arthur and Snape, and I think it's one of the most novel solutions I've read in ages.

I hope this story continues like this, since it has the potential to be your best story ever (in my mind, at least), as well as one of the best pieces of fanfiction I've ever read.

egret posted a comment on Saturday 19th May 2007 6:46am for The Man Who Never Learns

This is excellent - your Dumbledore is manipulative and abusive by accident, thinking he's doing the right thing even as he does more damage than half the Death Eaters. That's much more realistic than the usual manipulative Dumbledore.

I also like that you haven't made anyone into an unquestioning patsy - I love Tonks and Hermione and I hate the stories that make them seem stupid and unthinking slaves to convention. Especially Hermione - yes, she doesn't like risks much, and would prefer to be able to respect authority, but she's never been stupid or thoughtless (except in HPB, and nobody behaved well there) like she is in so many fics.

I always like your stories, but this one is a great start.