Content Harry Potter Trixie Belden Star Trek: TNG My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Reviews

Cassandra30 posted a comment on Tuesday 9th August 2011 9:12am for Prologue - By My Soul

Superb start!

Vilkath posted a comment on Wednesday 10th September 2008 7:15pm for Prologue - By My Soul

Not bad, little more evil Dumbledoor then canon but hey the man is pretty bad. All though I almost say Harry's parents are just as bad to leave and never so much as pick up a newspaper. I mean how much do you have to keep your head in the sand to not know about the boy who lived, fall of Voldemort or anything as major as that?

Plus the ritual they did, swear on their souls and magic to protect Harry and then they abandon him at the words of Dumbledoor without so much as checking up on it. Shouldn't they be stripped of their souls and magic for failing to protect him? I know several chapters of this already out but I kind of hope that it doesn't turn into some sappy reunion later for the Potters after 15+ years of neglect on their part.

Milarqui posted a comment on Sunday 31st August 2008 4:01am for Prologue - By My Soul

Yep, wishful thinking. It must be your wishful thinking that Harry might even love Hermione as something different from a sister... Unfortunately for you (or fortunately, depending on what ship you really like, H/G or H/Hr), and fortunately for me and people like me, who are true fans of Harry Potter, the good couples stand out against the slander and lies those people who call themselves H/Hr shippers, R/L shippers and other assortments of fauna that don't realize of the falsehood of those kind of beliefs.

Anyway, I hope you don't feel insulted, just telling you what I thought.

P.D: Oh, and don't count on me to read any story with a H/Hr, it's a gross and nearly incestuous relationship.

Kinsfire replied:

Reviews like this always puzzle me. The story is rather blatantly classified as a Harry/Hermione story, and yet someone goes to the trouble to point out that they are disturbed by it. Personally, I always thought that until the train wreck that was the last two books, Harry and Hermione made more sense than Harry/FanGirl.

But, your opinion is your own, and I respect that. But in response, I say that fanfiction does not exist to simply parrot everything the original author said, it is there to explore new areas and what ifs.

However, I do reserve the right to laugh at you for the religious overtones of your review.

joeBob posted a comment on Saturday 31st May 2008 3:43pm for Prologue - By My Soul

Interesting, depressing start.

username posted a comment on Monday 31st December 2007 6:29am for Prologue - By My Soul

That's ridiculous. I suppose Harry doesn't need to eliminate wastes in your universe? You can't lock a child in a room with only a jug of water and expect him to survive more than a few days. He will have to defecate. He will have to urinate. He will get sick from living in such unclean conditions, so close to his own wastes. He will grow delirious from illness and forget himself, sully his water supply, eat his own waste.

mashimaromadness posted a comment on Thursday 20th September 2007 5:24pm for Prologue - By My Soul

Next review in ch 8. I don't think it's worth it to review if the author's not going to read it, so yeah. I'm interested to see where this goes, it's such a differnt twist. See you around chapter 8!

Flamefoxrose posted a comment on Thursday 9th August 2007 2:23pm for Prologue - By My Soul

It's break my heart for Harry all that pain. And no adult worth their salt care to fight for him. The story is wonder written. Good work.

Dragen posted a comment on Monday 28th May 2007 8:19pm for Prologue - By My Soul

The ass Dumbledore, lieing to Lily and James like that, I hope that he gets what's coming to him.

I hope that Harry will learn the truth soon.

TxA_GunFighter posted a comment on Tuesday 22nd May 2007 3:25am for Prologue - By My Soul

Bummer.

gunny

Jamey posted a comment on Saturday 19th May 2007 1:11pm for Prologue - By My Soul

While reading the original on FF, I noticed you moved Harry's age down a year in this version - he's 15, instead of 16. So you are doing a bit more than just copy & pasting the original chapters? You're tweaking for your later chapters?

Kinsfire replied:

Actually, this is straight from the original writer. He turns sixteen shortly into the story.

Alorkin posted a comment on Saturday 19th May 2007 3:37am for Prologue - By My Soul

An excellent fic, if a bit darker than you normally write.

Dumbledore seeing Lily and James performing the protection ritual is a new twist as is his telling them to leave the wizarding world(although I read a similar passage in a story, some time ago. His manipulations are par for this course. The missing bit of the prophesy is also a nice twist.

The casual cruelty the Dursleys, especially Vernon show Harry makes me wonder: Is it entirely their own, or is it somehow, 'artificially influenced'?

Harry seems to be at he point of blowing up his family...and not like he did with Marge.
I await the next page of 'wishful Thinking'.
Alorkin

Minerva Granger posted a comment on Friday 18th May 2007 11:11pm for Prologue - By My Soul

Dumbleddore, you are a manipulative bastard, and I hate you.

Well, this version of you, anyway.

xpotter posted a comment on Friday 18th May 2007 8:21pm for Prologue - By My Soul

anxiously waiting for the next chappie...

Patches posted a comment on Friday 18th May 2007 8:07pm for Prologue - By My Soul

Dumbledore was a horrible man. I can't believe he sent Harry's parents away thinking he was dead and then sending Harry to the hell hole known as the Durseley's. Dumbledore couldn't have been worse if he had done the abuse himself.
Thanks for writing. I look forward to more. pms

cutecess posted a comment on Friday 18th May 2007 7:07pm for Prologue - By My Soul

Is that just the first chapter then? or all eight? i'm slightly confused on that point......

Wolfric posted a comment on Friday 18th May 2007 5:37pm for Prologue - By My Soul

I'm interested to see where this goes. Obviously Dumbledore is a bad guy and Harry is abused; iguess I will see what comes of that. Thanks, W.

Vicki posted a comment on Friday 18th May 2007 4:54pm for Prologue - By My Soul

While I'm sorry to see Liz won't be back for a while, I'm delighted this story is continuing, and that she left it in such good hands. I look forward to chapter 9!

StarrySkies posted a comment on Friday 18th May 2007 4:12pm for Prologue - By My Soul

wow. i know you said that what you were writing begins at chapter 8, but that was amazing...

Evan Mayerle posted a comment on Friday 18th May 2007 3:40pm for Prologue - By My Soul

Definitely an interesting start to the story and it's not one I can remember catching originally. I'll be interested in watching how this one goes since it appears to be a case of a very manipulative Dumbledore doing whatever he needed to get Harry under his control. IMHO, this is a BAD MOVE (tm) in that he can't control everything and his actions will not be appreciated when the inevitable "Oh, Shit!" occurs and the lies and facades come tumblng down.

Robert Cook posted a comment on Friday 18th May 2007 3:38pm for Prologue - By My Soul

Keith, very glad that you are taking up the gauntlet on this story, though I am sad that Liz decided to disappear for a while. Like you, I refuse to speculate on what has befallen her, and hope things work out for the best.
Now, on to the story. She and I had corresponded briefly about what I thought was a continuity error in the tale. It had to do with the episode where Dobby sent Snape back to the castle, and then somehow he was over the Quidditch pitch, IIRC. However, when Lily and James went to Hogwarts, Lily found Snape down in the Potion classroom. There seemed, at least to me, to be something off about the timeline. You might take a look at that, or I may be completely off base.
In any case, looking forward to the continuation.