Content Harry Potter Trixie Belden Star Trek: TNG My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Reviews

Sarah B posted a comment on Saturday 10th December 2005 9:51am for Practice Makes Perfect

It made me laugh, I definitely liked it.

angyelsglaive posted a comment on Saturday 10th December 2005 9:47am for Practice Makes Perfect

I remember reading this the first time you posted it to the ficafest, and I liked it then, too. Rather tongue-in-cheek, but then I'm rather a fan of that kind of story. Maybe the ficafest people don't have a sense of humour.

Thanks for posting it here.

Christopher Estep posted a comment on Saturday 10th December 2005 9:42am for Practice Makes Perfect

Seriously, I think Sloper should have that Quidditch bat plated (mithril, preferably) so that it can be properly preserved for posterity (and the Bludger as well), for their roles in the Implosion Of Tom Riddle. Somehow, I don't think after this year that that locker room will ever be used again...
Poor Minerva! Her entire worldview has been turned *inside out*; a non-snarky Severus Snape? I think Severus set a new record for House point awards...and it *wasn't* to Slytherin?

I'm rather glad the story demanded a plot!

Tim Sullivan posted a comment on Saturday 10th December 2005 9:37am for Practice Makes Perfect

I giggle extensively. The Wizard of Oz was a great touch.

hatten_jc posted a comment on Saturday 10th December 2005 9:35am for Practice Makes Perfect

Now that was funny :D

Mickey posted a comment on Saturday 10th December 2005 9:35am for Practice Makes Perfect

Nice story. Since your summery mentioned people not liking it I read it looking for problems. The setup of having Harry dizzy enough to go into the girls changing room was a bit stilted and there were a few (3 or 4) cases of odd sentance structure, only one of which I'd have noticed if I hadn't been looking ["...It wasn’t that easy to our first time."]

I really liked your concept of how the darklord was destroyed and Giddy Snape was amusing but why had Tom summoned the deatheaters? a sense of impending doom? Did he begin to suffer before Harry ang Ginny made love? Or was it something unconected?

I'd really like to read a sequel describing the Reactions of the Wizarding world in general and certain indiviuals in particular(Molly, Fudge, Malfoys) to what happened.

James Benfield posted a comment on Saturday 10th December 2005 9:31am for Practice Makes Perfect

If people were bashing this, then they didn't deserve to read it! This was truely funy, and it is something I think you should consider turning into a longer story, if you can think of a way that is. PWP is fine and all, but you have the ability to add sex (Choose your name for it if you want) into a story and not make it shoddy. Keep up the good work, all of your stories that contain sexual content, and indeed all of your stories period, are great, regardless of what others may say.

James

P.S.- Working on the story idea we talked about. Done the first chapter, but it's going to be a while before it comes out, gotta make it not suck. Cheers.

the DragonBard posted a comment on Saturday 10th December 2005 9:25am for Practice Makes Perfect

Sure, it's not canon, but it's a heck of a lot of fun :)
Great story.

hedwig_edwiges posted a comment on Saturday 10th December 2005 8:59am for Practice Makes Perfect

I don't know what was expected of this contest, but as a humour fic, it's a nice one. But I agree that for the result of the first encounter of Harry and Ginny be so amazing, it was a miracle and a good reason to destroy old Voldie.

bobo54bc posted a comment on Saturday 10th December 2005 8:59am for Practice Makes Perfect

Another good story. The only complaint I have is that once again you have Harry acting like he is worthless and full of self-pity. You need to come up with a new characterization for him as everyone of your stories has him acting in such a self depreciating manner. It is about time for you to come up with something original.

Debbie Hollander posted a comment on Saturday 10th December 2005 8:57am for Practice Makes Perfect

love it

DaZZa posted a comment on Saturday 10th December 2005 8:51am for Practice Makes Perfect

I can't see why this was almost universally panned - it's a little cliched for my liking, but hell - it's not like the power the dark lord knows not hasn't been alluded to being love often enough - this was just somewhat different to the "love" everyone else wants it to be.

darren0122501225 posted a comment on Saturday 10th December 2005 8:51am for Practice Makes Perfect

I don't know what your ficafest people were thinking, but this is an excellent story. Not entirely original, but pretty well characterised and very well written.
I am not entirely sure I can visualise a poetic Harry, and the celebration sequence seemed a little chaotic (but I suppose that is life), however I loved the slight touches of humour everywhere

Jennifer4 posted a comment on Saturday 10th December 2005 8:44am for Practice Makes Perfect

I can't see why someone wouldn't like this, unless they are Puritans or something. It was well written, not really all that graphic. I have read fics (and also published works) that are definitly more erotically detailed. I really enjoyed this. I did enjoy how Moldy Voldy died, it was great!

Ron posted a comment on Saturday 10th December 2005 8:38am for Practice Makes Perfect

LOL, Keith, I don't know why so many hated it, unless it was for the graphic sex. Good short story on the power of love. But, hey, I'm another Heinlein afficionado, so what do I know?

Lucia Depenhart posted a comment on Saturday 10th December 2005 8:12am for Practice Makes Perfect

Pretty cool, but a little cliche.