Content Harry Potter Trixie Belden Star Trek: TNG My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Reviews

Christopher Estep posted a comment on Thursday 18th February 2010 12:30am for Chapter 4

The incident in question did indeed occur between fourth and fifth years, and *started* at #4 - Harry's roundabout broom-flight trip to Ye Grim Olde Place (Order of the Phoenix). The others that knew - Moody, Tonks, and Auror Hestia Jones (the round-robin was, in fact, Moody's idea; it was somewhat reprised in DH).

mashimaromadness posted a comment on Tuesday 11th March 2008 4:56pm for Chapter 4

I'm looking forward to seeing how this goes. I like the direction it's taking.

Eric Tingley posted a comment on Wednesday 27th June 2007 5:55pm for Chapter 4

As some proof, might I mention a certain incident at Privet Drive, involving a complete lack of light and a momentary reversal of direction?



Excellent story, excellent chapter, however, unless I'm a complete idiot (which is entirely possible -grin-), and thinking of something different, didn't this happen at Hogwarts? Specifically the Hospital Wing? While Ron was in a bed due to a broken leg?

-ET

spedclass101 posted a comment on Thursday 19th April 2007 8:44am for Chapter 4

Awesome chapter keep up the good work and update soon!

31415 posted a comment on Wednesday 11th April 2007 12:30am for Chapter 4

"Muggle courts don’t do trials in absentia." Not sure if you mentioned it but they also don't [read: can't] sentence people to death.

Teganii posted a comment on Saturday 24th March 2007 3:08pm for Chapter 4

Wow!! I hope you follow up with this one. Could Mrs. Ronald Weasly possilby pull him out of this rage?

Christina C. Keimig posted a comment on Saturday 17th February 2007 8:18am for Chapter 4

Wow. Serious rage going on. Have you abandoned this one? Or are you just too busy with others right now? I'm intrigued as to how it will continue...

TheHard posted a comment on Saturday 25th November 2006 6:09am for Chapter 4

Uff, nice story, are you going to continue it? i'm looking for the next, because is really not the typical HP/Azkaban story, just because is friends did not turn the back to him...

Nice one :)

slayersfan01 posted a comment on Thursday 9th November 2006 4:10am for Chapter 4

This fic really, really, REALLY has my attention! It's just so, I don't know, I don't have a word for how cool it is. Please, can you please update soon. I would really like to see what happens next!

noylj posted a comment on Monday 6th November 2006 5:16pm for Chapter 4

Well, that's nice. Where did Shack find Harry if it wasn't Azkaban? What would make Shack believe Harry just from the conversation with Scumjoy? I feel lost in how Shack is so out of it.

Illusia posted a comment on Friday 22nd September 2006 6:12am for Chapter 4

I liked this :) I hope more is coming soon. Somehow it still feels like they're yanking Harry.

tridentwatch posted a comment on Friday 15th September 2006 1:00pm for Chapter 4

not good too bland too oc. srry.

Jimbocous posted a comment on Tuesday 5th September 2006 12:03pm for Chapter 4

Nice so far.

jeffstrauser@yahoo.com posted a comment on Friday 1st September 2006 6:09pm for Chapter 4

Very cool, I like it and I can't wait to see what happens next, I love the fact that your targeting Scumgouger.

nancy in chicago posted a comment on Wednesday 30th August 2006 3:00pm for Chapter 4

I'm enjoying this. Scrimgourer is going to get his, isn't he <G>.

Please update soon!

And, I found it on the Sorting Hat Nominations... it's been a boon for me to find decent fics that aren't on sites that I knew before.

CaptainG posted a comment on Tuesday 15th August 2006 6:39am for Chapter 4

Yay! finally an update! its good to see. Lol finally we begin to understand whats going on - somehow i doubt that's it though.
I understand you wantr to update your other stories as opposed to this one, but an update would be much appreciated soon

mayfair posted a comment on Tuesday 15th August 2006 2:21am for Chapter 4

Well, this is my first review for any of the stories on this site, and usually I am appreciative of your writing style and look forward to updates on your various fics. However, your one-faced portrayal of Harry has me exasperated at times especially when its unrequited. You have a tendency to potray a hyper-ansty my-rants-are-one-mile-long-every-line Harry and while it fits in with some of your ics, they become irritating in others like this one. The only fic where Harry behaves more rationally if "Forever yours and yours". My only wish is that I see Harry is more normal fashion on others stories on this website, especially those corresponding to post-HBP era. I apologise for any offence that my comments may have caused.

Anaknisatanas posted a comment on Saturday 5th August 2006 9:46am for Chapter 4

Wow, really good story. I'm hoping that you intend to continue to have regular updates for it. I really like this Harry, he's so full of anger but willing to research things before he makes any rash moves.

Patches posted a comment on Friday 4th August 2006 7:59pm for Chapter 4

Avery good story but very dark. I look forward to more of this story. thanks for writing. pms

sasqch posted a comment on Friday 4th August 2006 1:53pm for Chapter 4

It’s nice to see an update for this story. I enjoyed Shacklebolt’s attitude toward both Harry and Scrimgeour. He knows Harry, and so he knows that Harry’s irrational anger makes no sense. But I also really liked how both Shacklebolt and Hammer refuse to be rebuffed by Harry’s attitude. But better still is their very obvious distaste toward Scrimgeour. And having Shacklebolt leave an Extendable Ear, and telling Harry in such oblique terms shows his intelligence. His fervor in wanting to be there when Scrimgeour is confronted was very well portrayed.

Harry’s leaving England makes sense; his continual abuse by those in power would dictate a rational person to retreat and recoup at the bare minimum. But Harry’s innate sense of responsibility (guilt?) prevents him from turning his back on the innocent (and very gullible) populace.

However, I found a few items of the story to be odd.

First is the addition of the Horcruxes. Yes, I realize that this simple addition makes the story HBP-compliant. But my problem with this is the same thing that is bugging me by the potential Book 7: how in the world was Hermione (and the others, I’m guessing) able to destroy four Horcruxes in one year. I mean, Dumbledore suspected the existence of the Horcruxes for years, getting confirmation during CoS. Yet he was only ever able to discover and eliminate one Horcrux in all that time. And given the And given the level of protections around the fake locket, I cannot see that the remaining Horcruxes aren’t protected with highly lethal traps. But according to Shacklebolt, all the Horcruxes were found and eliminated in the one year that Harry was imprisoned. But this isn’t really a fault of yours, but rather of Rowling’s.

The second thing that bugged me was Harry’s simple acceptance of Scrimgeour’s tale of being found guilty. Harry had spent the summer prior to his fifth year scouring newscasts for stories that hinted at Voldemort and his minions. I cannot fathom how he would have missed out on the idea of the judicial system taking months at the minimum and more likely years to decide a case. Hell, the police refused to accept his less than heartfelt confession, so he knew that the case would have had to have been investigated more. He also knows of Scrimgeour’s penchant for simply locking people away without cause or trial (see Stan for an example). Added to that, why would Harry assume that Fudge’s cronies (who unexplainably remained in power in canon) would not have wanted to savor his incarceration? At the very least, Umbridge would have lobbied for a chance to publicly humiliate Harry. And don’t forget Harry’s discovery of his wand and other possessions at Privet Drive. If he had truly been found guilty, he knows the Ministry would have scrounged up his personal effects. If Scrimgeour was continually tormenting him, wouldn’t snapping Harry’s wand have been an additional piece of torment? Or even just taunting him with the wand would have been equally injurious.

The third problem I have with this chapter is Harry’s attitude and treatment toward his friends, specifically Hermione. Yes, Harry was under the impression that he was found guilty and was abandoned to Azkaban by his friends. And even though the Dementors were not there to psychologically torture him, the dirty Aurors and guards did physically abuse him. But he appears to have accepted Shacklebolt’s statement of nobody knowing of Harry’s fate. Harry was originally dismissive of their tale, but based on Harry’s simple statement acknowledging the fact that Shacklebolt was telling the truth after the conversation with Scrimgeour, Harry now knows the truth. And that truth includes the fact that none of his friends knew where he was (yet they continued with his task of hunting the Horcruxes). More importantly, it was Hermione who figured out what happened.

So why is he remaining so antagonistic toward her in the letter. I realize that this story is designated as "non-ship", but that isn’t a point here. He now knows that he truly owes his current freedom to Hermione (and the others), yet he is overly formal and reserved in his correspondence as well as his overall demeanor. And he doesn’t trust his friends enough to the point that he is planning on following them around prior to the scheduled meeting. Sorry, but I am having too much trouble reconciling his attitude given his knowledge of the facts. And as for being in Azkaban making him paranoid, that really doesn’t wash for me. No Dementors means no mental assaults; so he shouldn’t be disoriented and confused (much like Sirius was during his first days of freedom). And I can’t see him suspecting Hermione (or the other invitees) of being spies for Scrimgeour.

I am looking forward to the rest of this story; I’m just having some trouble with a major point of characterization

Chris