Content Harry Potter Trixie Belden Star Trek: TNG My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Reviews

Keeroo92 posted a comment on Tuesday 1st February 2011 2:15pm for The Storm Breaks

People die in riots. Sounds like the kid was trampled. I hope there's some punishment for the assholes responsible.

mashimaromadness posted a comment on Sunday 30th December 2007 9:48pm for The Storm Breaks

That's screwed up. Hey, you keep changing the spelling of Ragnok(c)'s name. Just so you know. This is good, I must read on.

The Resident posted a comment on Thursday 16th November 2006 9:24pm for The Storm Breaks

For want of a nail... Well, the death of a child... in such a way... the repercussions will be far reaching. Umbitch's order being reinstated is going to do more toward furthering Harry's aims than just about anything. It's a shame it took such a large 'nail'.

Keep up the great work. (If you don't recognize the reference, ask me.)

Ronnie McMains posted a comment on Sunday 12th November 2006 10:41pm for The Storm Breaks

...Yes, he does, actually, and he has seen how this government works, Rufus. I do not think that he has a good picture of it at all.

More to the point, he's seen how it DOESN'T work. I think Harry has a good picture of the Ministry; it's just that the subject matter is really ugly.

Wizards don't seem to have much in the way of civil rights, for example; Sirius' lack of a trial was mentioned, and don't forget what happened summer before Harry's fifth year; a simple disciplinary hearing was turned into a full Wizengamot trial, and Fudge tried to make sure that Harry would have no means to defend himself (not least because Fudge attempted to make sure Harry wasn't even there). I've never read OotP, but would Fudge have stopped with expelling Harry, or would he have sent Harry straight to Azkaban?

Look at how the Minstry handled the second rise of Voldemort: they didn't! For a year, Fudge refused to acknowledge the return, and did everything he could to make sure Harry and Dumbledore were not believed by the public. Anything that happened during Harry's sixth year hasn't been mentioned in Like a Phoenix or this story, but there certainly didn't seem to be anything substantive going on during Harry's seventh (even Amelia's investigation into Fudge's finances seemed to fail, considering he was still in office five years later).

So, five years later, and there's a new Dork Lard rising. What does the Ministry do?

First, they cover up, with help from the Prophet. I think Tim said it best in Hope when he called it the Ministry Mouthpiece.

Second, they start making noises that it's time for Harry to get back to England and become an Auror like he said he wanted to be. (Funny that; didn't Umbridge say there was no way he'd become an Auror?)

Third, Umbridge (or Fudge) decides to kidnap Lorelei, and frame the new Dark Lord for it, expecting Harry to come in and destroy the little prig (as everyone on Harry's Honeymoon Hideaway seemed to be planning on as well, given the end of Chapter 1)

And what happens? Harry stops Basileus the Wandless Wonder, and the Ministry tries to put him on trial for it!

Is it any wonder Harry wants to tear down the Ministry? I wonder why more people don't!

Although, after this chapter, I'm guessing a lot of people do, now.

Don't keep us in suspense here! I've been waiting far too long for the next chapter (as evinced by above rant). :)

Minerva Granger posted a comment on Sunday 12th November 2006 12:41pm for The Storm Breaks

Not going to kill you. Will kill the dickhead who hurt that poor kid. Will also kill that Baddock cow. Any relation to Malcolm Baddock, just out of interest? Will also kill the person who failed to remember that the law had been overturned, or who chose to ignore that fact. Now UPDATE

Kinsfire replied:

In fact, Malcolm Baddock is her nephew.   Good catch.

I'm working on the next chapter as I write this.

taxzombie posted a comment on Saturday 11th November 2006 8:09pm for The Storm Breaks

won't kill the author but I'd like to kill the aurors. a fine tale

Fishburne posted a comment on Saturday 11th November 2006 5:22pm for The Storm Breaks

ooooOOOoooooo

Kinsfire dood a baaaad thing.

Made his readers angry and sad.

Nice work on the Boston Massacre part deux.

Im enjoying this tale, as I do most of your works.


Ok, enough of the sanctimonius sound. Great work Bud, I'm digging the overall tone. Loved the meet with Queenie Poo and the Blair Witch.

Snort.


oh yeah!!!!

FNORD

morriganscrow posted a comment on Saturday 11th November 2006 3:44pm for The Storm Breaks

Huzzah! The story just keeps getting better and better!

Manatheron posted a comment on Saturday 11th November 2006 3:10pm for The Storm Breaks

Ohhhhh there is going to be some hell to pay for THIS one.

Muirnin Cocan posted a comment on Saturday 11th November 2006 2:04pm for The Storm Breaks

Excellent as always ... Well back to my own writing, my therapist has TOLD Me I have to write ... *GRIN* nice to have it prescribed isn't it ... Too bad my husband isn't around to help with collaboration ... the b******d not that I'm angry or anything ...

Anyway, take care ... can't send any care packages or anything last time I tried to send anything to the Snorkacks the Postal Service decided to eat the donuts and send them back with their thanks and return to sender ...

As Always,
Muirnin - who is trying to keep smiling even in difficult times.

Shawn Pickett posted a comment on Saturday 11th November 2006 1:41pm for The Storm Breaks

Ah shit! They'll be lucky if Harry doesn't just kick the doors down to the ministry and level the damned place. Outstanding pacing and narative on this chapter, can't wait to see what's next.

jeffstrauser@yahoo.com posted a comment on Saturday 11th November 2006 1:21pm for The Storm Breaks

OUTSTANDING CHAPTER!!!! I loved the chapter and I can't wait to see what happens next. This story is so cool. As for killing the Author I wont for now, if I said anything bout doing that last time I reviewed oppps! DO keep up the outstanding work and update soon please:):):):)

Alorkin posted a comment on Saturday 11th November 2006 11:00am for The Storm Breaks

Harry's demonstration fior the queen was likely the best possible thing he could have done. With her on his side, his teardown and rebuild of the ministry would be seen more as a 'restructuring'.
Bob-Min, in their latest chapter of 'Sunrise' had King Charles set aside the Wizengamot. Their justification was since the wizarding world never ratified the Magna Carta, he, as king, could do pretty much what he wanted. Maybe you could use something like that as your legal standpoint.
I thank you for reuniting Bill and Fleur. he's been so miserable since his idiocy, past (I wonder how Ron and Ginny are doing?)
Gabrielle is going to have some work ahead convincing the others to her side, but given that Harry, like Bill, is immune to Veela charms, we may be seeing a fifth wife, soon. (I wonder if women, especially women in a bisexual relationship, are affected by Veela.)
Also, thanks for including Alorkin in your tale. Warder, hmmm? I never considered that. Nice twist.
The last part was a definite flash point. I'm afraid the fire has been set to burning. Now that violence has been done, the flame will only grow hotter. Fortunately, Harry's involvement will be seen by most of the crowd as in defense of their position. His action against the Aurors and his concern for the first casualty of the new war, will only sway others to his banner. Like it or not, he has becom a the figurehead of this revolution.
Now, if Amelia agrees with him, they must turn against the ministry blindness. Fortunately, Harry already has the ear of the Goblin nation. It's that much harder for a government to function without money, idnnit!?!
Baddock is the match, but only as a functionary. Her decision was wrong, but not evil. Her supervisor also made a bad choice, but again, he only had one choice. He was not acting in an evil manner. They both felt that they must follow the orders they had received.
As always, I eagerly await the next chapter of 'Burning Day'.
Alorkin (The wizard, not the goblin)

liquidfyre posted a comment on Saturday 11th November 2006 8:43am for The Storm Breaks

begins to sharpen several sharp and pointy object while glaring at kinsfire

you is being a bad boy

checks on the herd of trained attack penguins and then begins to outfit them for a revolution

Paulo Weber posted a comment on Saturday 11th November 2006 7:24am for The Storm Breaks

Great. heart wrenching too.

EricThorsen posted a comment on Saturday 11th November 2006 6:38am for The Storm Breaks

Well, we now have the wizarding equivalent of the Boston Massacre, consisting of stupid aurors causing a panic that kills a child. Yep, they need the revolution just to get the morons out of office.

Christopher Estep posted a comment on Saturday 11th November 2006 6:08am for The Storm Breaks

Somebody has *royally* screwed up! The death of a child (*any* child), especially apparently at Ministry hands, has only lit a fuse. They had best hope that Amelia doesn't trace the source of the fatal injuries to an Auror's wand.

a_wanderer posted a comment on Saturday 11th November 2006 5:08am for The Storm Breaks

Ok, would even green Auror's be that dense? Or even the Ministry of Magic that clueless?

I'm trying to remember which riot you based this one: St. Petersburg?

Crys posted a comment on Saturday 11th November 2006 3:59am for The Storm Breaks

The spark's been lit. Now just to see where all the fallout lands.

CypherX posted a comment on Saturday 11th November 2006 3:51am for The Storm Breaks

So far, completely amazing.