Content Harry Potter Trixie Belden Star Trek: TNG My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Reviews

darthme1011 posted a comment on Monday 13th November 2006 6:34pm for Powderkeg and Spark

are isabella, ginny, and gabby all going to join the wives???

another great chapter cant wait for the next

FenrisWolf posted a comment on Monday 13th November 2006 5:46pm for Powderkeg and Spark

Does the phrase, "We're totally screwed" come to mind? I'm reminded of an old Vaughn Bode strip called "Da Duel":

"You, sir, as da challenged, will take up yer Horst-Schmiesser .30 caliber semi/full auto machine pistol, and you, sir, as da challenger, will take up yer brick..."

BUDDABUDDABUDDABUDDABUDDA(throw)BUDDABUDDABUDDABUDDABUDDA

Edward Becerra posted a comment on Monday 13th November 2006 5:45pm for Powderkeg and Spark

43,000 words, and it's still only the 13th of the month where I am. Bravo, Kins, bravo! Keep going like this, and you'll hit 80,000 words by the end of the month. WITHOUT sacrificing the storyline.

Oh, granted, I can see the occasional typo, but hey, you can always come back and fix those the first week of December. ^_-

Ed Becerra

RoseKelly1021 posted a comment on Monday 13th November 2006 4:49pm for Powderkeg and Spark

*chuckle* Do I get to vote in whether or not they push it? Cause I vote, Harry & Co. kick ass either physically or ethically or metaphorically.

Kelly

RhymesWithOrange posted a comment on Monday 13th November 2006 4:25pm for Powderkeg and Spark

"Okay," Harry said to the Aurors. "You've got us fourteen, almost all of whom have fought Voldemort, versus you guys. Do you really want to push this one?"

If there's one thing I've learned from fanfic, it's that the answer to that question is *always* a resounding *NO*.

Jolly good show.

Alorkin posted a comment on Monday 13th November 2006 4:22pm for Powderkeg and Spark

I was surprised that Amelia did not nullify Harry's arrest, despite his rather provocative statements. His actions are well within the range of instinctive response.
The abuse Harry suffered under in his cell is expected (evil thuggish guards of Azkaban, Inc.), although Auror Honeyspear, is an unexpected twist. I like your reasonong. It made a great deal of sense (even though the scene was rather berift of detail, Hint hint) Harry's penseive memories are going to cause a huge pile of trouble. Like as not it will be used as propaganda.
The Wizengamot should never have sentenced him to prison. There was no real need, except for the intimidation factor.(<<Scrimgeour?>>) Don't those idiots realize that in a class war, it's the rich that invariably fall first?
Harry's fears of rejection at his release were sorta expected considering the emotionally overloaded kid he was at the beginning of 'Phoenix', although I'd have expected five years of nurture from wives and children that adore him, to have mitigated those fears. I wonder if the rings, or more likely the mental link with his wives help to stabilize him.
The unexpected addition of not one, but three petitions to join his harem would likely have most men catatonic within moments of hearing it. Nice touch!
Trial time. it appears Scrimgeour is as interfering as Fudge was. Status quo. His interference is going to guarantee his oustre from his position, especially as Harry has the backing of the queen. (Gee! I don't think he mentioned that little fact. Oopsey!)
Once more into the breach, good friends. Harry tags along and positions himself between the farmfolk and the invaders.
Once again I see the rescue party has arrived, including both Griphook and Alorkin. I guess every Marine is a basic rifleman.
Thank you for another fine chapter. Until next time. Alorkin

EricThorsen posted a comment on Monday 13th November 2006 4:14pm for Powderkeg and Spark

and the first battle of the British Magical Civil war begins over the right to raise your own children... How stupid is this Scrimgeour? One of the major things that caused the American Revolution was attempts by the occupying force to punish the families of the signitories of the Declaration of Independence, even those who didn't agree with the signatories. Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it. As to your comment about the riot not being representative, you got very close to the events of the Boston Massacre anyway.

Ronnie McMains posted a comment on Monday 13th November 2006 4:14pm for Powderkeg and Spark

So Rufus is quite willfully ignoring that the Wizengamot overturned the Executive Order?

From Chapter 4:
"The Executive Order has been overturned and declared to be null and void in all ways, and this information shall be published immediately."

Is it just me, or should that not scream impeachment, or some such? Will we be seeing the Wizengamot gathered yet again to deal with an issue they already finished?

liquidfyre posted a comment on Monday 13th November 2006 4:10pm for Powderkeg and Spark

you are sadistic the way you end yourchapters hurry up we NEEEEED MORRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEE

Nightwing510 posted a comment on Monday 13th November 2006 3:27pm for Powderkeg and Spark

I enjoyed reading your story. I liked the way you had Harry get people to support his goals.

DJ posted a comment on Monday 13th November 2006 3:23pm for Powderkeg and Spark

Don't leave it there!! AW well ya did update soon. This is some very fine work thanks a lot.

Jamie46 posted a comment on Monday 13th November 2006 3:15pm for Powderkeg and Spark

rock ON! :-D hehehe. Good job with Harry going to Azkaban. Not that I like it, but like the reasons he gave, it's what had to be done. Now the public is on his side, too. Scrimgeour STILL hasn't rescinded that law?! :-/ dude, he SO needs to go. Idiot of the Highest Degree. Like you said in an earlier chapter: a good wartime minister, but unfortunately, no war on right now. Sigh. Well, this fight should be quick fun. :) Way to go. Looking forward to how it turns out! Thanks again for sharing.

Treck posted a comment on Monday 13th November 2006 3:13pm for Powderkeg and Spark

Do you really want to push this one?

Umm... Yes We Do!

Cry Havoc And Let Loose The Dogs Of War

Great Chapter

Renzo7 posted a comment on Monday 13th November 2006 3:02pm for Powderkeg and Spark

lots of things happening consecutively, not hard to follow, but a little more detail for some stuff would have made it seem less rushed. Keep both action scenes coming, and please update soon.

Christopher Estep posted a comment on Monday 13th November 2006 3:00pm for Powderkeg and Spark

Okay...before anyone even THINKS of tearing Keith a new one, let's all remember that Ginny was the *other* victim of Bill and Charlie's original lie. If Harry can forgive Bill (who told it), why couldn't he forgive Ginny? Ginny had also gone a LOT further in repairing the rift than even Bill, so lay off Ginny (for now).

Isabella Honeyspear: The reason she quit the Aurors is why Harry largely didn't join them (except that she discovered it a lot later than Harry). Given Harry's *recruitment technique*, it's not surprising that she petitioned to join the Harem. So, Isabella Honeyspear's presence does NOT surprise me.

Rufus Scrigemour: His attitude, unfortunately, doesn't surprise me, either. No, it's not exactly a wizard-specific one; however, it is one all too common in high-ranking law-enforcement, military, or political figures, and it's still disgusting.

The Aurors that are now facing a rather pissed Harry and Company: Only the next chapter will determine if they actually have a clue.

Amelia Bones: She has a clue, and showed it by acting VERY quickly to correct Harry's understandable misperception. She is decidedly Rather Unhappy with Rufus Scrigemour (remember, he used to work for her, as she rose to head Magical Law Enforcement while he was Chief Auror), and she will likely only be even more unhappy that Harry is *right* at his own ire with the man.

Greywolf posted a comment on Monday 13th November 2006 2:29pm for Powderkeg and Spark

Ummmm. You contradict yourself in this part with Rufus.

"You've still got people picking up children, Rufus?" Harry asked. "Illegally?"

"There's nothing written that rescinds it, Potter."


yet in chapter 4 you wrote:

"The Executive Order has been overturned and declared to be null and void in all ways, and this information shall be published immediately."

was the order recinded or not?


good part either way


Greywolf

Kinsfire replied:

Good catch - but it's actually intentional. Somehow, the order to rescind was never written down - it was only ever verbal.

They'll have to fix that, but it'll be too late for the people who need to cover their butts to do so.

A beauracracy may run on paper, but it also runs on mistakes. Like this one.

Teresa Lynne posted a comment on Monday 13th November 2006 2:25pm for Powderkeg and Spark

Hmmmmm......given the stupidity and arrogance of some of the Aurors I think Harry's last question was purely rhetorical. If Scrimgeour had any brains he'd have recinded that order pronto and not thrown Harry in prison. After all, he could have placed all the blame on Umbridge and Fudge. Now it looks like he'll be remembered as the minister who made a terrible situation worse because he didn't care enough about innocent people. Thanks for another good chapter!