Content Harry Potter Trixie Belden Star Trek: TNG My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Reviews

Greywolf posted a comment on Saturday 4th November 2006 10:21pm for Ministry Malevolence

I don't know about this story. There are just too many contradictory things going on here. Such as Draco still being a Malfoy and having any money to bribe anyone be it followers or the minister. Harry dissolved Cissy's and Lucious's marriage making Draco illegitimate and he disowned both Draco and Cissy from any Black monies. He also was being held the last we heard of him on four counts of attempted murder so why was he out playing mini dark lord?

Second I don't care how corrupt a government is as soon as the evidence came out in that hearing Umbitch would have been stripped of power and a warrant for her arrest being drawn up then and there regardless on if she was in the room or not.

Then we come to the "Executive Order" it in it's self is asinine. Some thing of this magnitude would have to be done through Wizengamot legislation. The British wizarding government is not a dictatorship.

The only direction I see this story going is the death of Harry's daughter because at this point with Umbitch out running around her only option right now is to destroy all evidence of her crime and Loralie is evidence and I don't know if I want to read that or not.

Taegeous posted a comment on Saturday 4th November 2006 10:20pm for Ministry Malevolence

This is my second attempt at a review. I was going to discuss the plot issues that didn't make sense, but that would be a book unto itself. If I had to sum up, I would say that half the time the character's reactions are too far over the top, and the rest of the time they are doing everything except what they should be doing, such as a father verbally sparring in court and visting a bank when his daughter is missing and maimed. Sorry, but I'm outta here.

Evan Mayerle posted a comment on Saturday 4th November 2006 9:58pm for Ministry Malevolence

"Dum-de-dum-dum" Throwing down the guantlet like that is a really stupid move on her part. I'm willing to bet that Harry's got a lot of favors he can call in if necessary. Methinks she's going to be in for a very rude surprise.

The Resident posted a comment on Saturday 4th November 2006 9:57pm for Ministry Malevolence

Dolores is doing every thing in her power to make sure she lives a very short life. Messing with Harry Potter's family is like signing an execution order for yourself. I don't have an dram of pity for the woman and hope that Harry is swift in his justice rather than stoop to her level. I continue to hope that the finger was some type of cloned duplicate and not the Lorelei's. I am really, really, looking forward to the upcoming chapters of this story.

Christopher Estep posted a comment on Saturday 4th November 2006 9:37pm for Ministry Malevolence

Additional comment on this chapter: First off, Umbridge has a grudge against Harry for fifth-year. It's not merely professional, but *personal*. She's not a Death Eater (if she were, she'd be either in jail or a corpse); however, she is very much pro-pureblood. She may very well have known who He-Who-Now-Pushes-Up-Mandrakes really was; if so, the chances of her following *him* are decidedly small, if not nonexistent (even Harry gives Umbridge credit for having a healthy dose of cunning). However, she continually makes the same mistake the late Tom Riddle did; she has once again underestimated Harry and his team. (The fact that said team includes the Director for Magical Law Enforcement is beside the point.) All Harry need do is marry Luna (this is *not* illegal) thereby making Lorelei Potter his legitimate offspring, and once again putting Madam Umbridge's head back into the Jaws of Justice. Harry's other children can then be adopted by the Weasleys (again, legal), thereby doing an end-run around the Executive Order (and you really think that Arthur and Molly, or even Ron and Daphne, wouldn't do that?). Worse, Harry (or even worse for Umbridge, Hermione) can run against Umbridge for Minister (and I don't see Umbridge winning in an election against Hermione). Once she's elected, Hermione can overturn Umbridge's Executive Order (what one brain can do, a better brain can undo). Harry would back Hermione for Minister in a London minute (Umbridge or no Umbridge). Now we have a *motivated* Harry and Hermione (along with the rest of the Team) going against Umbridge. True; this time, the weapons aren't spells and potions, but public opinion and sheer brainpower. And just as the late Tom Riddle found out (and as Umbridge is going to find out), the opposition is WAY outclassed.

Lionsgate posted a comment on Saturday 4th November 2006 9:17pm for Ministry Malevolence

I simply don't understand where you are going with this story : its unatural : as a father i would simply never take it to leave my dougter with that women afther i knew she had her : and what abouth Luna ? You wrealy think she would or the others : nobody takes the abduction of his ( hurt ) shild that way ! No thank you , you are going over the top with this story : Its just to ...

James13 posted a comment on Saturday 4th November 2006 9:13pm for Ministry Malevolence

At this point, as the most powerful wizard living in england, if I were Harry, I'd hereby very loudly laugh, apparate into the ministry and kidnap Umbridge and cut of her fingers until I had my child back, and then make a very VERY messy object lesson out of her. Object lessons are very useful for making very pointed statements to the very stupid.

Something like what ol' Prometheus went through might be good. Cept have less hope of freedom from pain.

Teresa Lynne posted a comment on Saturday 4th November 2006 9:12pm for Ministry Malevolence

Umbitch definately proves that she is both genetically stupid and suicidal.......Ah well.....it looks like Harrry and company will have to clean house again, starting with the Toad Queen and her soon to be gibbering allies. She should have remained under that rock of hers! I wonder if's she's crazy enough to go after the other children.....but then, her life expectancy was in the negatives to start when she and her dead stud muffin Fudge dreamed up their plan.

Voldemort is Dead posted a comment on Saturday 4th November 2006 8:47pm for Ministry Malevolence

Oh that vile Toad! Someone should really look into her ancestry. Perhaps if she were found that one of her parents mated with a Toad, she would be ousted from the Ministry!

Tarkas posted a comment on Saturday 4th November 2006 8:00pm for Ministry Malevolence

I think I'm going to give up on this story. Even after everything you did in LaPftA, you seem determined to continue to pile more and more vicious evil on Harry and his family, who just have to sit there and take it with no means of proper redress. And don't talk to me about Madam Bones: she didn't arrest Umbitch, at the "trial", and now that last "executive decree" has just "legalised" Lorelei's kidnapping and torture.

The other reviewers at the time of writing this have all expressed the opinion that Umbitch should be turned into a greasy stain, but based on past experience, I don't expect that to occur for a good 10 chapters, if at all, and I just don't want to read all the stuff in the middle. So I can only vote with my cyber-feet and leave. Shame, but I've had enough.

Kinsfire replied:

Understood, and I appreciate your telling me.

I will say that the last chapter was the last of the piling, and what follows is intended to be reaction. He was going to try to work within the system, but Umbridge just scotched that thought.

Ron posted a comment on Saturday 4th November 2006 7:54pm for Ministry Malevolence

Damn, Keith, how long are you going to let Umbitch live? Or rather, how long is Harry going to? They have PROOF that she kidnapped and possibly maimed a child. Under those circumstances, the Ministry wouldn't be standing!

James Barber posted a comment on Saturday 4th November 2006 7:49pm for Ministry Malevolence

I think its time that Harry Potter declare war on umbitch! she is a kidnapper. I would if I were him break in grab her and use veritaserum on her to find my daughter, then kill the bitch! and as far as the new order of illegitmate marriages hell he doesnt even live in british isles on that island of his.

Beau Wolff posted a comment on Saturday 4th November 2006 7:06pm for Ministry Malevolence

Congratulations: you've made me hate her even more than I did already. >.<

Christopher Estep posted a comment on Saturday 4th November 2006 6:58pm for Ministry Malevolence

Now *that* was Downright Asinine of her. (Umbridge, I mean.) Like that law is gonna hold up? She avoided admitting to kidnapping, even though *all* the evidence points to her, and she is at least partially complicit in Fudge's murder. She has basically set herself up for *at minimum* removal for cause, followed by a rather nasty trial. Now I wonder what Team Harry has in store for the Toad.

agent fisher posted a comment on Saturday 4th November 2006 6:46pm for Ministry Malevolence

Well, thats simply solved. Move out of Britian, get married in a country that doesnt have any sort of restriction, and keep his childern out of Britian.

Once doing that, come back and bring down the Wrath of Potter (tm) upon her head.

RoseKelly1021 posted a comment on Saturday 4th November 2006 6:19pm for Ministry Malevolence

Oh she is dead...Can I watch her die?

More soon and kill her soon. :-)

MercuryBlue posted a comment on Saturday 4th November 2006 6:18pm for Ministry Malevolence

As if we don't all know exactly who Umbridge is targeting with that. Something tells me that there are precisely five British citizens affected, discounting the children.

DJ posted a comment on Saturday 4th November 2006 5:27pm for Ministry Malevolence

Why does he not just Bhead the bi*ch and get it over with? LOL Keep it up grate work.

wackey posted a comment on Saturday 4th November 2006 4:53pm for Ministry Malevolence

I don't think Umbitch is going to survive this one!
There is going to be a greasy spot where she use to be.