Content Harry Potter Trixie Belden Star Trek: TNG My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Reviews

Killua posted a comment on Sunday 5th November 2006 7:45am for Ministry Malevolence

Well you really have me hating Umbitch right now, so congrats on making me feeling strongly about your story.
But I agree with other reviewers, the Potters reaction to the kidnapping is not strong enough and as corrupt as the government may be it's not really believable that Umbridge was able to pass a law like that.
And well, I really really hope that you are not planing on making the girls marry other wizards (like your superOOC Snape, creeeeepy...) to circumvent the law and keep the kids. And then suddenly develop real feelings. Tell me it's not one of those lame stories.

Crys posted a comment on Sunday 5th November 2006 7:17am for Ministry Malevolence

*sigh* Simplify everything, and just assassinate her.

Bones would probably even help.

Side effect, Harry just lost his parental rights to Lorilei (sp?)

Hmm. Well, okay, Harry needs to stay married to Hermione. So he and she keeps their kids. All other kids stay with their magical grandparents. Problem there is that none of them will likely be "proper" families, either.

*growl* The more I think about this, the more I feel like throwing up at Umbitch's actions.

Good news is that this story is good enough to get that kind of reaction out of me. Kudos for that, Kins.

Jeremy DuCharme posted a comment on Sunday 5th November 2006 6:39am for Ministry Malevolence

Dumbledore is firmly in Harry's corner, and he is still the head of the Wizengamot, right? Could they tell Umbitch that her latest decree is way out of line and try to remove her? Based on the British system effectively declaring open war on the wizard that slew the last Dork Lord and his family HAS to be grounds for a no confidance vote. As in we have no confidance in your survival past sundown.

Seems I was too hasty in declaring Draco the winner of this year's Darwin Award.

Mikkun posted a comment on Sunday 5th November 2006 6:25am for Ministry Malevolence

Oh SH*T, I think Dolores Umbridge won't be living for long in your fic. I'm guessing she'll be dead, or be in Azkaban before you can say 'Lorelei' she has gone too far, and as the Potter clan is so protective of their young, she won't get out of this with out the 'appropriate punishments'

William Fowler posted a comment on Sunday 5th November 2006 6:22am for Ministry Malevolence

OH, I just thought of something...

Harry's the heir of, like, two founders or something, and Susan, I believe, is another heir, so their son/daughter, is a Tri-heir. Who wants to bet that she's doing this to take control of Hogwarts?

William Fowler posted a comment on Sunday 5th November 2006 6:12am for Ministry Malevolence

Umm...

I'm guessing this law is to make little Lorelei part of the Umbridge family, thereby hitting at Harry even more than she has in the past?

Do I see Harry not liking this law, and therefore, blowing up the Ministry for Magic?

Do I see Dolores Umbitch not liking what happens next?

Do I see Amelia Bones, who is going to be affected by this, not happy?

Yes... yes... and... hell yes.

mike bates posted a comment on Sunday 5th November 2006 5:59am for Ministry Malevolence

lol i predict fight against umbitch in future

merf425 posted a comment on Sunday 5th November 2006 4:56am for Ministry Malevolence

I'm glad Bill wasn't in on it, but that last bit is terrible! I mean, it's good plot-wise, and clever, but it sucks for the actual characters. (Not that I think Harry will follow it, but yeah.)

rptokonic posted a comment on Sunday 5th November 2006 4:46am for Ministry Malevolence

Very nice, very nice indeed. Have him display her head on tower bridge that should be appropriate. And you better get writing if you want Harry to blow up the Ministry before the day is over. It is the fifth after all.

Sebastian Palm posted a comment on Sunday 5th November 2006 4:27am for Ministry Malevolence

Now, if this isn't a declaration of war, I don't know what is. I do *so* hope Umbridge isn't ready for the followup...

I don't quite remember what kind of a body count "Phoenix" had when it came to the good guys, so I don't know if there's any hope for poor Lorelei (if she dies, I expect Britain to follow Atlantis in the deeps, though). I do hope she survives, though...

I'll keep reading.

SP

loralee posted a comment on Sunday 5th November 2006 3:59am for Ministry Malevolence

Oh boy Harry is sooo going to hurt Umbitch. :)

Trscroggs posted a comment on Sunday 5th November 2006 3:49am for Ministry Malevolence

You know, I just realised that the move may actually be a somewhat shrewed one. Harry will never hand his children over, and when he doesn't Umbridge can declare him a criminal in the eyes of the law and do all sorts of other legal acts (some of which may actaully already exist.)

If Harry resists by force, then the Profit can easily make him into the next Dark Lord, because Umbridge can just say that he broke the law, without specifying the law to the people. Since 80% of the wizarding world gets their way of thinking directly from the Profit, congradulations, one ready made excuse to do anything you want to Harry.

There are probably legal things she can throw at him for breaking up the marriage too. Depends on what laws/customs are in place for the colapse of such things.

I think Umbridge will have no problem getting someone to enforce the laws for her. She had a handful of people stage a kidnapping (of a minor) solely to drag Harry back to England to elimanate a single newbie Dark Lord. She did this completly without the Director's input, so scaring up a group of people to

enforce

her new law should be sadly very easy. In fact, if she diggs a little she can probably find people happy to enforce the law for her; even if they knew the real reasons for the law.

Trscroggs posted a comment on Sunday 5th November 2006 3:33am for Ministry Malevolence

Really, she is quite stupid isn't she? Harry was already threating her and she does something to specifically taget him and make the situation even worse. Though I wonder if she really has the power to enact such a sweeping law on her on word though.

You know, I never really thought about Neville's treatment outsideof what it did to Neville himself. That's a very intresting thought.

minervakitty posted a comment on Sunday 5th November 2006 3:12am for Ministry Malevolence

Umbridgie hasn't learned anything, has she? Maybe she wanted to have Harry to herself. Harry should tell the witches and wizards to grow up. Doesn't Harry have enough votes to kick Umbridgie out of office? I do hope that Harry gets his daughter back really soon.

EricThorsen posted a comment on Sunday 5th November 2006 2:54am for Ministry Malevolence

And the Toad Woman declares open war on Harry Potter... the woman is even dumber than she looks... especially if she thinks that she is going to win in the end. I have no doubts that she will win some small victories and inconvenience Harry somewhat... but all this will really do is really tick him off to the point where he will end up making her destruction more painful than it would otherwise have to be. Sad really.

DrT posted a comment on Sunday 5th November 2006 2:32am for Ministry Malevolence

Please just kill Umbitch in the next chapter.

"T"

Johnny Eagle posted a comment on Sunday 5th November 2006 2:27am for Ministry Malevolence

Does Umbridge realize what she's doing?

Bobboky posted a comment on Sunday 5th November 2006 2:10am for Ministry Malevolence

nice

dstorres posted a comment on Sunday 5th November 2006 2:07am for Ministry Malevolence

That was a very cool (if not twisted) end of the chapter. Bravo, very well written.

Hilary McKenna posted a comment on Sunday 5th November 2006 2:05am for Ministry Malevolence

Great chapter and a great story continues. I have the feeling that Umbridge has a very upset tiger by the tail and is about to get mauled -- badly.