Content Harry Potter Trixie Belden Star Trek: TNG My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Reviews

sern posted a comment on Friday 22nd January 2010 5:57pm for Friends along the way

just read it, and it was excellent.the story has the potential to be one of the best on fanficauthors, and this is from someone who read most of the stories on this site.
most of the story was very good, though the greedy weasly thing is a bit over the top, and quite ooc. some redeeming aspects of the family will be apreaciated, though splitting the faily to good and bad sides is, in my opinion, kinda lame and shallow (and redemption unexplaned is about as bad). aside from that aspect im looking forward to read the next chapter soon, so update!

liquidfyre posted a comment on Friday 22nd January 2010 2:25pm for Friends along the way

INteresting Very Very interesting definately looking forward to where this is going.

LordNemesis posted a comment on Friday 22nd January 2010 2:11pm for Friends along the way

King I just thought of a way for Hermione to get in touch with Harry. A way that old dumb would never be able to interfer with. Hermione needs to call one House Elf we all know and think is quite crazy. DOBBY!!!!! we need you. He is after all insanely loaty to harry.

candor posted a comment on Friday 22nd January 2010 1:51pm for Friends along the way

Another enjoyable chapter! I look forward to reading the rest of this just like I have your other fanfics...thanks for your hard work!

Luke Reed posted a comment on Friday 22nd January 2010 11:03am for Friends along the way

Well done, both in getting a second chapter out so quickly, and for the quality of this second chapter.
I've read some of the reviews for this first chapter, and it seems I'm not the only one who feels as if Harry was too trusting, or that the girl he met knew too much, too fast. Even so, I still like how this is going.
In the second chapter, you seem to be developing how Harry's Mage Sight, as I defined it in the last review, works. He can now easily tell a witch from a none magical person, and with the second Portkey letter, it seems he is able to see the magic in them better, though as yet, you have shown now signs of him being able to tell what kinds of spells are on things, or even if this is a direction you will go in. If you do plan of going in this direction, then I would say that the pace at which you are developing his powers, is a good one. Not too fast, or too slow.
There did seem, in this chapter, to be a suggestion that Harry would in time go back to Hogwarts. That doesn't make any sense. He know things all his friends have betrayed him, even Hermione, as you highlight in this chapter. Why would he go back? He has, or will have, access to his estate, through the Gnomes, soon. It makes sense for him to eventually settle down, and either find a new school, or to get personal teachers.
This all, of course, depends upon the prophecy he heard from Dumbledor, being the true one. You have now started a thread which suggest that this might not be the case, or at least not the same prophecy he heard, though he still might have to kill Tom Riddle. If he doesn't have to defeat Tom, then it's possible that he can just fade away. It wouldn't make for a great story, and I rather think that Dumbledor and others would continue to look for him, but it stands as a possibility, in an unlikely one.
I like how you are developing Harry as a person. When his first friend (sorry, forgot the name), is taken by the second Portkey Letter, instead of running back to try and save her, he gets help, from the bank it seems. And with the second witch, though he wants to have sex, he is resolved not to, because of his own moral code. I've seen a few too many fics where Harry suddenly had supper powers, and has a harem of girls, or moves from one to another, rather rapidly, and either they except this, or they don't like him for it, but it doesn't stop the next girl from doing the same thing. So, I prefer a HP with some sort of moral code, which he at least tries to stick to.
Well, Can't think of anything else.
So, till the next chapter, looking forward with hope.
Luke Reed

james73 posted a comment on Friday 22nd January 2010 7:17am for Friends along the way

You really need to improve your writing.The dialogue is just "telling", the plot unoriginal,everything Harry does is just too easy and everyone seems to be accommodating a complete stranger.I could tell you a lot of phrases that made me eye roll but there are too many.Get a beta and don't make everyone help Harry from the goodness of their hearts.Where's the motives,where's the realism?Read some more fanfiction and get ideas about your style.It needs a lot of polishing.With all that being said,I would really like to see the idea executed sometime correctly.

windscar posted a comment on Friday 22nd January 2010 7:05am for Friends along the way

Glad to see you still writing. I'm enjoying the plot and am looking forward to see what happends in the first encounter between Harry and Hermione, hopefully a good one ;). Can't wait for Harry to give those traitors get their comeupins. Hope Bill, Charley, Fred, and George are on Harry's side.

Keep Writing

prateek91 posted a comment on Friday 22nd January 2010 6:44am for Friends along the way

Good work on this chappie!!

LordNemesis posted a comment on Friday 22nd January 2010 3:50am for Friends along the way

My friend if you make this a harem story here are two for Harrys girls. Hermione, and most defiantly Heidi!!!!! And I love harem storys. More story please its great.

katrina posted a comment on Friday 22nd January 2010 1:58am for Friends along the way

Another chapter already - wonderful. So Harry has moved on - looking forward to Dumble's turning up and finding out how deep Remus is in it

Potter Thinker posted a comment on Friday 22nd January 2010 1:06am for Friends along the way

NICE! But really, make sure Harry gets laid soon okay?

Carol Layland posted a comment on Friday 22nd January 2010 12:13am for Friends along the way

You really are one of my very favorite authors. I have spent the entire day up on your new site and now this very lovely chapter to add to Betryal. All I can really say is Thank yu so very much for a very enjoyable day.
Clayva>Carol Layland

Evan Mayerle posted a comment on Friday 22nd January 2010 12:07am for Friends along the way

Heh, an interesting time for Harry as he meets a most interesting companion. I daresay there's more to her than we've seen so far. It'll be interesting seeing what machinations Dumbles and company employ next. Onthe other hand, if Harry's case does allow the gnomes to crack the wizarding Britain banking world, ALbus might start getting a lot more surly service from the goblins.

Fenris Ulf posted a comment on Thursday 21st January 2010 11:19pm for Friends along the way

Thanks for another chapter!
There were a few sections where I wasn't 100% sure what was going on but I held on and enjoyed the ride :)

Can't wait for more

Mionefan posted a comment on Thursday 21st January 2010 9:53pm for Friends along the way

An extremely good start. Looking forward to more. I'm thinking a H/Hr ship but it'll be interesting how you get them together. Seems I've seen something like this before.

Tira Misu posted a comment on Thursday 21st January 2010 7:50pm for Friends along the way

Awww, Harry's so sweet!!!!!

Anthony May posted a comment on Thursday 21st January 2010 7:49pm for Friends along the way

Nice quick update...what more can an avid reader who is a fan want? Great chapter. I hope the next update is just as quick. Keep it coming!!!

hervs posted a comment on Thursday 21st January 2010 7:04pm for Friends along the way

I love your story, update soon, and keep up the good work, love the way Harry is mature and not goes around acting like a hot headed teen

Lee Dickie posted a comment on Thursday 21st January 2010 7:04pm for Friends along the way

Great writing with an interesting development of the banking system.

slashslut posted a comment on Thursday 21st January 2010 7:03pm for Friends along the way

i hope harry meets kaatje and the gnomes again and comes up with a plan to protect himself and get back and dumbles and his former friends, especially the weasleys. grrrrrrrr!